BC Boards

dog seeing owner's privates

Don't you get so jealous of males!? My husband's aunt did a lot of hiking and felt that way. So she found, in some catalogue, a device called (honest) The Pee Shooter. She swore it worked a dream!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im coming into this thread a bit late, but I had a thought I wanted to add. I had no idea when I started reading this thread, that it was going to end up so serious.

Like most of the posters on this thread, there's no such thing as modesty in my house. Though, my modesty grows as my son does (He still hasn't realised that the bathroom door is there for a reason :rolleyes: ). Lance, you mentioned that you wouldnt want your kids seeing you nude. As Im writing this, (NO LIE!) :D My son just hollered at me that my hubby has hair on his butt. He must have had the plumber thing going. :D Anyway, its unbelieveably funny to my 5yr old. So I just laugh and try not to make a big deal out of it. Otherwise, they would might up thinking that there is something wrong, and be uncomfortable where there is nothing to be uncomfortable about.

It would be kind of impossible for a baby not to see their mother's breasts, wouldnt it?

And how does a young boy learn to pee standing up, without their father showing them how?

Just a thought. . .

looks like this topic came up while I was in NZ so I'm coming at it a bit late.

I'm so used to the dogs coming into the bathroom with me that I leave the door open in hotels. I find it hard to do anything with the door closed!

As for seeing me naked - out puppy (when she was a puppy) got to check everthing out - sniffed and poked at things with her nose. That was it. She was satisfied and knew what it was (part of us.) Today she shows more interest in the belly button and will poke her nose at that. The rest of it is all old news.

As for kids - when I have them - they will see me naked and I will see them. Both of us. The human body is beautiful and not something to be ashamed of. What bugs me is that a film in the US can show a breast for 1 second and get an R rating, but gets a PG13 when people are getting killed.

That is wrong. And it says a lot about our society.

Denise

Wild that this topic has come up again. I had thought not to give an update on being overly modest around my dog.

I no longer am. I feel comfortable leaving the bathroom door open now. Urinate freely when walking in the woods around Bandit.

It was Laura Carson's post mostly that did it for me along with some other's advice and stories.

Laura wrote:

As to showing them how its done, during the "Great Carson Pee Wars" my DH has shown our token male dog how its done in the back yard. Unfortunately, he did NOT feel the need to mark after him.

Lance, give it a try. You never know, it might be some sort of liberation thing eventually. I can understand modesty and how one grows up. My parents were very sparing in their affection for each other (and us) in front of us, and it took me many, many years to overcome my own reluctance to show affection - and I still never could seem to come up with the same depth of hugginess I saw in college. Point being you have to do what makes you comfortable, but I think sometimes our comfort zone needs to be stretched.

Like the above poster, I can't believe I'm posting a reply to this topic. I've been away from the boards from awhile, since I had a baby in October, and I take a peek every now and then and this topic (sorry, but it does) cracks me up. I've never given it much thought. I consider myself to be fairly modest but again have never given it a thought if my animals saw me naked...and I have a cat that sits in my tub while I shower and when I go to the bathroom Piper comes in and licks my leg sometimes.

When I was pregnant and be out on walks I would have to go at least once and Piper (off-leash) always thought I was squatting for her, she'd bring me her fribee while I was doing my business and lay in wait for me to throw it...

And, INU, she's never peed on my pee as she does with everything else...I figured it was because she knew I was boss.

Thanks for the chuckle's...now back to the seriousness of this topic