BC Boards

dog seeing owner's privates

Some of my most intimate moments with my dogs are while I'm taking a crap!
Spew!! You have such a way with words Miz.

I have wall to wall dogs when I'm in the bathroom. Joe rests his chin on my lap while I'm sitting on the john. They think it's perfectly normal to accompany a guest to the bathroom as well. They take this time to leisurely lick their privates. It's like bonding time for all of us. LOLOL

A long time ago, when I was married, I used to go every week to a great market in this area. They had the best homemade weiners. I also had a particularly ravenous sheltie for whom food mattered more than anything elso on this earth. One time, I came home from the market and my ex was helping me unload the baqs. When he got the bundle of hot dogs, he waggled one at this sheltie and laughed at how frantic the dog became. The dog, probably thinking he still had this hot dog, followed him into the john when he went to take a wizz. I was still out in the kitchen, when I heard my ex swear at the dog. Seems the dog launched himself at his privates with a loud clack of his teeth. He, my ex, came within inches of losing his pride and joy (and brains). Hey, can't blame the dog. The dog would have done, oh so much more than I, a few years later. LOL.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he got the bundle of hot dogs, he waggled one at this sheltie and laughed at how frantic the dog became. The dog, probably thinking he still had this hot dog, followed him into the john when he went to take a wizz. I was still out in the kitchen, when I heard my ex swear at the dog. Seems the dog launched himself at his privates with a loud clack of his teeth.
*laughs so hard she cries* OMG!! That poor guy.... I bet he never taunted the dog with weiners ever again!

Oh and let's not forget the cats.... while the dogs are content to stick their head in the bathroom and stare, the cat insists on coming in and winding around my legs while I'm occupied. Thank god none of our dogs are thrilled about showers, though Zeeke likes to stick his head in and lick your leg... scares the hell out of me sometimes. But he hates sprayed water, so flicking some water over top of the curtain gets him scampering out of the bathroom! :rolleyes:

Entertaining as all this is, I don't think I really understand the original question. Why wouldn't it be okay? Are you concerned about something the dog might do, or the morality of it, or what?

If you pee in the woods with your dog present, he is much more likely to pee companionably along with you than to stare at your genitals -- if he takes any notice at all.

Lance - I went to a catholic school for a while and can kind of understand where you are coming from. But, really, I wouldn't worry about it.

You guys are all so funny - now I realize I am not alone :rolleyes: When hubby comes out for a walk with us, he'll sometimes pee in the woods. Dylan will kind of hang around to see what is going on, but walks off when he realizes what is happening. Dylan is a big "marker" and I was curious to see if he would mark over my husband's pee. He didn't and never has. What would it mean if he did ?

Originally posted by sandra s:

I'd never want to shower at the kind of water temperature that she likes. Least of all in winter! Brrr!

you don't take cold showers in the morning? :rolleyes:

It really wakes you up. Maybe that is why they like my showers, they are always FREEZING cold! I guess that I never really thought about that.......

Just to answer the question of the thread, your dogs really don't care what you look like - as long as you still smell and act like yourself.

Sometimes the first time you go nude in front of you dog that look at you funny but then they loose interest once they realise that it is still you.

Funny topic!

No, I don't mind. Odin follows me to the bathroom no matter what my business is in there. He especially loves it when i take a bath though!

I always add a few tablespoons full of extra virgin olive oil to my bath (EVOO is a miracle worker for dry skin ladies!) and he'll sit next to the tub and lick away at the sides or even my knee if I let him!

OMG-what a funny topic!!!! I cant even sneek to the bathroom without Cody finding me out!!! He has come to thebathroomwith me since day one when he came here....he lies patiently beside me while on the commode and when in the shower, heis therel ying to greet me and he doesnt mind whether I am nekked or dressed, he doesnt look at me differently either way-LMAO!!! But he does demand to be in there with me-if the door isnt ocmpletely latched shut, I am not alone, that's for sure!!!

LOL...I dislike having my dogs in the bathroom with me, tho it does ocassionally happen if I don't close the door tightly, in which case Maggie is instructed to close the door herself which she'll do willingly before assuming a sit or down stay in the corner.

Hehe, I never really thought about it. The dog isn't allowed on the carpet, so he can't reach the bathroom. However, if I try and take a shower or go into the the bathroom for any length of time without having the door cracked open, the cat will open it himself and glare at me the whole time I'm in there (or whine outside the door).

Well my mother-in-law says her animals look at her when she gets out of the shower with this horrified look on their faces as if they can't believe humans look like that. I have to add that all dogs and children do follow me to the bathroom. Charlie has almost dropped his ball in the toilet while I was sitting there. Dad on the other hand, just looks at the kids or dogs and they leave immediately. That never works for me. I have to add something funny, when we went to China to adopt our daughter, my mother in law went with us. Most women in the area of China that we travelled to are petite and the two of us are NOT petite. When we undressed the first few days with Katherine (adopted daughter that was 2 then) she really stared at us! We figured she had never seen women that looked like we did naked!

Caroline

Thanks everyone for their replies and honesty. I must really be different then most people in regard to feeling odd about anyone else seeing my privates including my dog. Or maybe others who feel the same way did not reply. Don't get me wrong. I don't judge others. I don't think they are abnormal. Maybe that's why some who replied said they don't understand the question.

I take my new border collie for long walks through woods. Like most men, I would rather pee in woods then my pants. Because I don't want anyone happening by seeing me urinate, I'm not going to tie Bandit to a tree and urinate elsewhere. Because it's difficult urinateing behind a tree while holding the leash, I was considering trying to get over my modesty. At home it's easy to close the bathroom door. Hope my question is more clear now for the few who said they did not understand my question.

The only time I go to the bathroom alone is if I am away from home. Jackson will get up from a comfy nap, to follow me in there. He has been so sleepy when he does it, he will fall asleep before I finish! Then he has to get up to go back where I go. To fall asleep again! I wish I knew where that invisible leash is connected at, I'd cut it! :rolleyes:

Lance, I think you are WAY more worried about this than your dog will be. I hope it doesn't hurt your feelings if the dog pays no atttention at all. I am with Dixie-Girl, take a look around and deep breath, and go for it.

And Karrie, you are right, I was a whole lot more modest before I had children.

Originally posted by Kat's Dogs:

you don't take cold showers in the morning? :rolleyes:

In one word: No :D

Lance, I agree with the others, when I have to pee outside Kessie isn't the least bit interested.

I wish the tourists here were as modest as you are and would at least go a few meters away from the path instead of just behind the next bush even if it hardly provides any shelter at all *sigh* (I'm talking about BIG events, complete with toilet paper :mad: ).

Originally posted by lance:

Because it's difficult urinateing behind a tree while holding the leash...

WARNING - Graphic description!

Easy solution. Work on getting Bandit to do a down or sit stay while you move away to pee. I would be more worried about him getting "in the way" than looking at your privates. A dog hiking with a wet head on a dry day would be a little hard to explain. You could set this up as a training exercise. Start in the privacy of your house, working on a down or sit stay. Gradually, practice moving away from him and standing behind something, like a piece of furniture, with him holding his stay. Make sure you move your hands and rustle around, don't just stand like a statue. Then, practice it with your back to him. You can glance around the furniture at him to remind him of the stay - just like you might need to do in the woods. Once his stay is proofed, move it to the bathroom. I'd start by using a water bottle and pouring it in the toilet to simulate the real thing, so you can move to correct his stay if necessary. Once that is good, have him stay while you actually pee in the toilet. I'd also "go through the motions" in a set up situation outside and proof his stay. For instance, put him on a stay, and go stand behind a tree while he maintains his stay. If he can do all this succesfully, you should be able to take him hiking and "go for it".

Hey - at least you're a man and don't have to try squatting while your dog is on a stay in the woods!

Lance,

Good God, man, what are you thinking? You've shown your dog your willie, your peeper, your thingamabob?

Not only will your dog be seriously traumatized--can you imagine the stories he'll tell in analysis years from now?-- but I expect Western Civilization is likely to topple at any moment.

Lance,

I had a thought similar to Laurie's but not quite as complicated. While in the woods if Bandit is on a leash, go to your spot, ask him to lie down and, still holding the leash, just turn your back and do your thing.

Honestly dogs don't care about naked or partially naked people. They are more likely to be shocked by people *wearing* things they've never seen before (e.g., you show up wearing a hat when Bandit has never seen you wearing a hat) than they are by people wearing LESS than they are used to seeing.

Remember animals don't have the same moral/emotional constraints that humans do, so Bandit will make no value judgments about your state of dress or undress or whether you relieve yourself in the woods or wait till you find a toilet.

Many times at trials or farms if the porta-jons aren't convenient, folks will head off to the woods or behind the barn. From a female perspective, at least you don't have to bare your entire backside to take a leak....If you're female and desperate you'll find creative ways to obtain some privacy while doing your thing (so be thankful that you can get away with just turning your back).

J.