BC Boards

dog seeing owner's privates

I know everyone has their own opinions. I was just wondering how many of you think it's ok for your dog to see your privates.

Let me start off by saying I grew up in a modest family. I have never felt comfortable being nude or showing genitals around anyone. Gym in school, Military group showers, or going to public rest room/urnals. I have had many dogs in my life, and none have ever seen my genitals.

because of the long walks through national park woods, I'm considering changing my habits. I'm now drinking over 8 glasses of water a day for health reasons. So I am urinating much more frequently. Would love to hear from others on this topic.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with it if she sees me naked, but I really like to go potty on my own :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: This one takes my prize as strangest topic. Now that you mention it though, we call Gael the peeper because if the bathroom door isn't shut tight, she heads on in to get a look. My roommate in college had a cat that could twist the door handle open, so you had to lock it, or give everybody around a show.

Haha! The conversations we have!

I don't think a dog knows the difference between your privates and your other body parts. For that reason I don't think it matters if the dog sees your privates or not. They mean nothing to him.

My hubby doesn't believe that though, so he won't let the dogs see him nekkid. :rolleyes:

Mine don't seem to mind and no one in my house is modest.

On a related note, Wick loves to jump in the shower to bite at the water and could care less if anyone is in there with her. For entertainment purposes, my roommate and I often don't tell houseguests this and will crack the door and let Wick "go swimming", which always warrants a scream or two from them and hysterical laughter from us...LOL.

You can actually choose to use the bathroom/toilet/shower without a Border Collie present? Hmmm...

Somebody needs to tell Celt (and sometimes his friends) that *I* don't require company to "go potty" or shower, even if *they* have constant supervision when they're outside doing the same.

I don't think it means anything to a dog - they live life naked and without shame. As long as there is nothing inappropriate going on, I don't think it makes a bit of difference if you are dressed or not as far as the dog's concerned.

I would say that, if your dog seems to get "the wrong idea", then I would be inclined to be more private about personal things.

For entertainment purposes, my roommate and I often don't tell houseguests this and will crack the door and let Wick "go swimming", which always warrants a scream or two from them and hysterical laughter from us...LOL.
LOL!!

I've never really thought about it before. Dogs are dogs, they probably think it's stranger that we wear fake fur all the time. In doggy culture it's perfectly polite to sniff each other's butt, so I think they find it rather frustrating that we don't allow them to do it with humans! But no, we have no problems stripping naked around the doggies, especially since that's how hubby and I sleep and the dogs sleep in the bedroom as well. It would be rather hard to stay modest! I don't close the bathroom door when I pee, unless the two tards won't leave me alone - Zoe likes to "check" on me when I'm peeing, to make sure I haven't escaped, but sometimes they'll come in and sniff me. Now that's a bit much for me, and I send them packing. We also sometimes have issues with the dogs getting "curious" when hubby and I are... performing our marital duties. :rolleyes: It is so not fun to get a cold nose in a bad spot at the wrong time!!

Some of my most intimate moments with my dogs are while I'm taking a crap!

They almost always follow me into the bathroom. I'll sit there and love on them a whole bunch because heck, there ain't nothing else to do! Might as well use my time efficiently! :rolleyes:

Mom going potty has become synonymous with snuggle time for them.

Natalie, marital time = crate time with the Carson Crazies. We learned after cold noses in no-man's land that crates are good in times like these. :eek:

To the OP, I haven't been to the bathroom alone in 7 years. I have one dog that will jump into the shower with you given the chance...

Laura S, :rolleyes: . That's too funny. I've seen Wick and Rave's brand of "go swimming" - with abandon. I can only imagine the havoc she could wreck upon an unsuspecting showering guest. rofl

All three dogs *MUST* enter the bathroom with me, just incase I vanish or something. If they get stuck outside the door, they whine, scratch, bark, ect until I come out. But that is only for the bathroom....... Crazy dogs.

Showers are also not to be done alone. Heck, it does make for a good time to give the dogs a bath, after all, they are already in there!

If they don't actually jump into the shower, I get tennis balls and tug toys in there with me - they think that while I am standing there I might as well play with them!

So no, I don't mind.

BTW, how many of you have done this "Is a BC right for you?" quiz thing? It mentions going to the bathroom alone! :rolleyes:

Scroll down a bit to get to it.

http://www.ravensgate.net/BCright4u.html

Yes....going to the loo unaccompanied is a distant memory from another (pre-dog) lifetime.

Showering, my wife and I get to do without a dog (although they are in the bathroom at the time), but once you're out, they climb into the shower cubicle to drink the "magic" water off the floor, clean the shower screen and walls...that sort of thing.

I suppose it saves us from cleaning it...and come to think of it, there's been no mould.....maybe there's a market for a dog saliva based shower cleanser? :rolleyes: .

Well, I lost private potty time when Gavin was potty training (8 yrs ago). Sam is in there with me unless he is in his crate but the furless babies ( aka human kids) take up any and all slack. As for martial duties, Sam is usually in the crate but not for that reason. We have to make sure the kids are asleep or occupied. Sam running loose at that time would only get us caught. I would prefer not to scar the kids anymore than necessary. Waaaaa I want a real door instead of a curtain! Now the cat is loose at all times and she has gotten curious and let's just say dh has no issues pausing and removing the lurker.

Originally posted by Kat's Dogs:

BTW, how many of you have done this "Is a BC right for you?" quiz thing? It mentions going to the bathroom alone! :D

Scroll down a bit to get to it.

http://www.ravensgate.net/BCright4u.html

Yes, I know that one! It says I'd be a BC person if I wasn't so bad at throwing tennis balls, and didn't mind sharing the bathroom with two staring eyes :rolleyes:

I'm surprised that some of you shower with your dogs!

Kessie refuses to enter the "room with all the water"; I suspect she has been washed at her previous home. But even if she did want to come in, I'd never want to shower at the kind of water temperature that she likes. Least of all in winter! Brrr!

Heck, I had a friend who had 6 kids. One Saturday, her husband took the whole crew out playground-hunting to give her some genuine free time.

She was in the bathroom that was in the master bedroom. For once, without her kids coming in and out. The door opened. The little girl from next door said, "Hi Mrs. Herring. Is Anne here?"

After that, my own pet is nothing!

Lance do you have kids? If you do, what's your secret for getting alone bathroom time?!?!?

The dog at least can't unlock the drawer with a found hairpin!!!

We are not a modest household, so really can't comment. It never occured to me to wonder if the dog noticed nudity. I have never had a dog who gave any indication that they noticed (or a cat or kid etc, at least my DH still notices!!