BC Boards

Potty training help

I have a 7 week old BC and she is doing well on house training with the exception of he pottying while she sleeps. I have never had a puppy do this before. We let her out in the back yard about every 2 to 3 hours but she still continues this. Does anyone have any idea how to stop this habit? :rolleyes:

First, what are the sleeping arrangements -- where is puppy sleeping and is she contained in any way?

Second, 7 weeks is really young with very little in the way of control over body functions so hang in there! :rolleyes:

Third, there are a bunch of threads on this subject that may be helpful in addition to the replies here. Search under house training, potty training, house breaking.

Maelstrom would pee in his sleep until he was about 4 months, then he just stopped. I think it was because he just slept so deeply he sort of lost control of his bladder - although at 7 weeks they don't really have much control anyway. He would just sleep in a crate with a potty pad and it was changed regularly until he was able to "hold it".