BC Boards

? on teeth problems.

One of my very favorite dogs that I take care of is a standard bull terrior. She is 11 and spent the first 10 years of her life as a kennel breeder. Because of chewing on the kennel she is missing some of her teeth but her molars are still there.

Thank go she ended up in rescue and now has a wonderful home. And she is just the best dog.

Friday when I went to walk her she kept licking her lips - which is odd for her. And then she just didn't want to do anything. She is not a real perky dog and she hates to "walk." (She has thee weird callouses on her feet and I don't know if that is from being on cement all her life but I think her feet hurt a lot of the time). But usually I can get her messing around in the front yard after she wakes up - she's not real fast off the starting line.

I left a note that I was worried that her teeth might be bothering her. By then she had a 104 degree fever. They got her to the vet the next morning. From the outside her teeth seem fine - not swollen - and it doesn't seem to hurt her if you rub her gums all over.

Her fever is normal now but she has been on antibiotics for 3 days. And her appetite is back which has to be a good sign.

I'm worried. She also has a big lump on her neck that looks like a fatty tumor and sometimes her breathing seems labored. She had a huge fatty tumor that was taken off about a year ago when her new owners got her so she has a history of having those things.

Never in my life would I have thought I would fall in love with a bull terrier but she is just the neatest dog.