BC Boards

sad news

this is bob's son (also bob) i am sad to say my dad passed 06/01/06 .he fought a long hard battle but finnaly became to tired to fight any longer.we have sold about 1k acres of the farm.and are leasing the remaining 600 to a local sod farm.i am keeping the farm and running my company out of the barn .dad willed me the bc's, all 3 of them plus an epileptic golden.he wished me to keep this name so i could ask you guys for help.dads favorite (sprocket)used to love to herd the cattle but now has none to herd. so i have him chasing tennis balls from a giant slingshot i bought at gander mountain.please keep bob in your hearts for a while.ill be here to ask for advice from all of you im sure.thanks

borderbobII

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Condolences on the passing of your father. Borderbob I was very courageous, and I'm happy to hear that you are keeping his beloved dogs (and his user name). Best wishes on the success of your business and being able to keep part of the farm.

It's a shame that Sprocket doesn't have cattle to work now but my dogs absolutely love ball games, too. The games will help keep him fit and active.

Your Dad's been in the thoughts and prayers of many here since he shared with us the sad news of his illness. We'll be here for you when you need advice or encouragement and support.

When tomorrow starts without me,

And I'm not there to see;

If the sun should rise and find your eyes

All filled with tears for me;

I wish so much you wouldn't cry

The way you did today,

While thinking of the many things,

We didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me,

As much as I love you,

And each time that you think of me,

I know you'll miss me too;

But when tomorrow starts without me,

Please try to understand,

That an angel came and called my name,

And took me by the hand,

And said my place was ready,

In heaven far above,

And that I'd have to leave behind

All those I dearly love.

But as I turned to walk away,

A tear fell from my eye,

For all my life, I'd always thought,

I didn't want to die.

I had so much to live for,

So much yet to do;

It seemed almost impossible,

That I was leaving you.

I thought of all the yesterdays,

The good ones and the bad,

I thought of all the love we shared,

And all the fun we had.

If I could relive yesterday,

Just even for awhile,

I'd say good-bye and kiss you

And maybe see you smile.

But then I fully realized,

That this could never be,

For emptiness and memories,

Would take the place of me.

And when I thought of worldly things,

I might miss come tomorrow,

I thought of you, and when I did,

My heart was filled with sorrow.

But when I walked through heaven's gates,

I felt so much at home.

When God looked down and smiled at me,

From His great golden throne,

He said, "This is eternity,

And all I've promised you.

Today for life on earth is past,

But here it starts anew.

I promise no tomorrow,

But today will always last,

And since each day's the same way

There's no longing for the past.

But you have been so faithful,

So trusting and so true.

Thought there were times you did some things,

You knew you shouldn't do.

But you have been forgiven

And now at last you're free.

So won't you take my hand

And share my life with me??

So when tomorrow starts without me,

Don't think we're far apart,

For every time you think of me,

I'm right here, in your heart.

My deepest condolences on your loss. I lost my father a number of years ago, so I know how you feel at the moment.

I'm relatively new, and didn't know borderbob, but I'm very sorry for your loss. Please do stick around, it's great that you've taken on your Dad's bcs, and there are lots of people here to give you support if you need it.

My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry you lost your dad. I'm glad he's not in pain anymore but this is terribly sad news.

All of us here would be honored to help you in any way we can. Just let us know.

May your dad rest peacefully, and I'll keep you, your family, and Bob's dogs in my prayers.

My sympathies on the loss of your dad.

If you have any problems with the dogs, please let us know and someone (or all of us) will be glad to help in any way we can.

Please keep us posted on how you and - and the dogs, including the golden - are doing.

Thank you for sharing the news of your father's death, though difficult it must be. Your father touched many of us here with his wonderful photos and great wit. He seemed a fine, fine man. His death is a loss to all of us.

Take care and keep in touch,

Wendy V

I also am fairly new to the group. I never got a chance to know your father, and I am so sorry for your loss. I know things will be rough for a while. I lost my previous husband not that long ago and know how hard things can be at first. I can tell you it will get better though, from experience.

You are so great for taking in the dogs, they too will miss your father, and the 5 of you will help heal each others heart.

Again my condolences, and we hope that when things get better you do feel comfortable enough to come back and chat with us about these precious angels we call BC's

Dianne & Collin

Alberta Winds Quarter Horses & Paints

So sorry to hear of your father's passing. It is a great honor to him that you are taking his dogs. Obviously he raised a kind and giving son.

I have been thinking about him especially these last two weeks and your family has been in my prayers these last two weeks. The prayers will continue.

Taking on 4 dogs is a lot, especially one that is epileptic. We will be here for you.

Bob, please accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your father. I was always touched by the obvious joy he derived from being in the company of his dogs, and the way he shared that joy with us. I hope in your bereavement you and your dad's beloved pack can find comfort in being together. Please know that we are here to help you with moral support or practical advice, whatever is needed. And best of luck with your enterprise.