BC Boards

My BC Can Read

I had to post this for all the humor it's worth. My Wife and I decided to go out on a cruise last night with our neighbors and we left of 2 dogs at home as we usually do. Well, earlier in the day my 4 y/o daughter insisted on putting together a ABC puzzle we got her a few years back. She layed it all perfect out on the floor so proud of herself and we thought nothing of it. Our daughter then went to the grandparents house for the evening and we went out about 8pm. We return @ 3am and find the house in perfect condition we left it. We let the dogs out, played a little and just as soon as we were about to retire upstairs, low and behold I see my daughters puzzle stripped of some of the graphic printed on a particular puzzle piece. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to the the one thing our BC has a major obsession over. The letter B - which has pictures of BALLS all over it. Didn't Chew on the I for Ice, A for Apple or any other letter, just the B for Ball. We definately thing our BC is "BOCD" (Ball Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).

DSCN1288-2.jpg

Well, we all know they can spell, why not read? LOL!

Noticed in your pic, your dog is lying on the floor with the front paw tucked. Scooter has done this since he was a puppy and I've always wondered if there was something wrong with that paw. But, now that I see this pic, maybe not...

Well, we all know they can spell, why not read? LOL!

Noticed in your pic, your dog is lying on the floor with the front paw tucked. Scooter has done this since he was a puppy and I've always wondered if there was something wrong with that paw. But, now that I see this pic, maybe not...

I have observed:

A large proportion BCs are ball OCD.

Every BC I have ever had folds their feet under and sometimes they cross them.

They are all psychotic to some degree.

and no I can't say or spell park, ride, or out anymore.

Really funny you mention that. Our BC has chewed some books in our house, not a big deal you say. However, the only books she has ever chewed are the ones on dog training! She just about destroyed a book on border collies and tore several pages out of an agility manual! They're smarter than we know for sure!

My girlfriend really liked the picture you posted by the way-too cute!

Tim

My dog Dave has only destroyed three books in his day. His first was a Canadian Tire catalogue and the other two, The Other End of the Lease and Click to Calm. I have quite a library in a shelving unit in my office. A good portion of the books are withing easy reach of all my dogs, strange Dave picked only the two training books. I have kept the wrecked books for evidence. Go figure.

Really funny you mention that. Our BC has chewed some books in our house, not a big deal you say. However, the only books she has ever chewed are the ones on dog training! She just about destroyed a book on border collies and tore several pages out of an agility manual! They're smarter than we know for sure!

My girlfriend really liked the picture you posted by the way-too cute!

Tim

While I was in law school mine chewed up the text books for all the classes that I hated the most! Such a smart girl!

You know, we humans exude pheromes too... not just at certain times of the month for females, but when we are excited, stressed, happy, scared, Lord knows when all... suppose the smell lingered on the book and the dogs picked those because of it? IDK... Just thinkin... don't explain the dog eating the puzzle piece with the balls on it...

Your doggie says ' I'm smart but can't do puzzles upside down' !!! great pic.

Look at the way she scratched at it. It was like she was trying to get that purple and white ball OUT!!!

Oh, also--Pan lays like that all the time too.