BC Boards

No wonder Ellie was gaining weight on Evo

Had Ellie to the vet this morning to get her city license. She is over 60 pounds and should be more like 45. He said to hold her to 550 calories a day.

I just found out that a cup of Iams is about 340 calories (something like that). Regular Evo is 487. I had just started Ellie on the reduced calorie Evo and it is 440.

I was feeding her way more than she needed. I was feed two cups a day (1 cup in the morning and one in the evening).

She really only needs about 1-1/4.

Hoepfully, this will make a difference. I just had no idea that Evo was so much higher in calories. Ole dumb me!

I hear you! I switched my dog to grain-free Taste of the Wild, in hopes of helping with his itching. (Some success.) He gained 5 lbs. over the winter - I had continued to feed him just under 1 cup 2X per day... now I'm down to 3/4 cup 2X per day, and he's OK. Probably could reduce a bit more, still.

Good luck with the slim-down. :rolleyes:

Mary

I hear you! I switched my dog to grain-free Taste of the Wild, in hopes of helping with his itching. (Some success.) He gained 5 lbs. over the winter - I had continued to feed him just under 1 cup 2X per day... now I'm down to 3/4 cup 2X per day, and he's OK. Probably could reduce a bit more, still.

Good luck with the slim-down. :rolleyes:

Mary

Ellie is crippled so it really isn't good for her to be overweight. She doesn't get much exercise except for playing with Tommy.