BC Boards

Whistles

airbear

Background: Lou came with these whistles, and I've done very little to mod them. I find them easy to blow and Lou knows them very well. Sometimes, he will take a full Away to Me whistle as a quick Come Bye, since the tail-end of the Away whistle kinda sounds like a short Come Bye. However, this only happens when it's really echo-y and we're making the turn from the cross-drive panels to the last leg of the drive.

Oh, we have one more whistle, a There. It's a sharp blast that sounds a lot like WHEEEEEE and it means "yeah, you've flanked far enough, turn in and walk".

Lou's whistles

Rex has a totally different Away whistle, but the rest are the same. Neither has a Look Back whistle. Any suggestions for such a whistle? Doubtful that we would need such a thing in trials but hey, ya never know! :rolleyes:

The look-back is, traditionally, I believe a "buzz" - as you whistle, you vibrate your tongue, kind of a hum. It's hard to describe but it's not that hard to do.

My whistles are a work in very slow progress. I have total whistle envy for those who have functional ones at all.

Kristi,

Great video and what an awesome idea! Mine are different than yours ... probably more along the Kuykendall style ... I don't have a video camera, but I'll see if I can get a friend of mine to record them for me. Not that mine will help anyone. I am still figuring it out myself.

I would love to hear others, though ...

Jodi