BC Boards

new puppies in 3 wks

Well, you know what they say... Alaska: the odds are good, but the goods are odd! (Naturally, I have to disagree, having met the BF and a multitude of really great male clients up here, but perhaps my persepctive would be different if I were in search of a date-able man.)

It is true that both the profession (vet med) and the state (AK) have been dominated by men in terms of numbers, so the odds were towards male strictly on the numbers alone... but that's changing, on both counts. 60% of my graduating class was female, and I hear that percentage is rising.

But I have to admit that I heard that same riddle Dixie mentioned when I was a kid, and it took me about 15 minutes to figure it out. So I was at one time guilty of the assumption that the surgeon was male, myself. :rolleyes:

I am growing very attached to my lady vet, so that is why I was glad you are a lady, too, AK Dog Doc. I have seen a lot of really great advice from you, free doesn't hurt either!! And your suggestions have been kind and compassionate. If that's not the mark of a lady, what is??

Glad the stats are changing and your class was 60% female. I am a nurse and have the opposite. The poor men in my profession suffer all kinds of prejudice, there are plenty of husbands at the nsg. home where I work who refuse their care for their wives (don't see the wives complaining!!)

When push comes to shove, I don't care if you are green with horns, if you give good care with a little compassion and kindness mixed in, I'm happy to have you around!!

Well, I don't know about "lady", but female, yes, indisputably. (I will say I do TRY to behave myself, but some days I have better success than others. Oh, well, gives me something to work on....)
I can relate to that!! I worked for my dad laying brick for about 10 years and I still have room for improvement. Although I don't try as hard as I should :rolleyes: .

As far as the IF I can give no advice, but I do have two littermates of the same gender and let me tell you, it definitely takes ALOT more commitment to making it work. The upside to it is I love both them both because they are unique in their own ways. Each gives something different in our relationship.

They are bonded to each other, but still are bonded to me more. But they also have their moments that I HAVE to separate them before things get out of hand too. My two are so closely matched that neither would be willing to back down if I didn't intervene before things get escalated. First hand experience there.

Would I make a different choice on getting littermates of same age and gender if I could do it over again??? Not for one second!

Would I advise someone else to make the same choice? Probably not. Especially w/ a breed like BC's. If it wasn't for the help from the people on the board here, I truly don't think I could have been able to keep both. These people have taught me so much more on how to live w/ Border Collies. They definitely aren't your average dogs!! :D