BC Boards

Board Mojo Request

post-9869-1241979030_thumb.jpg

"I am deep and need counseling."

No, seriously, though, please wish us well! The veterinary behaviorist appointment is at 2:30 tomorrow and should run two or three hours. Will post an update about the appointment as soon as I can after I get back!

For now, I can say that she is doing pretty well with the "time out" command for growling versus humans and "leave the room" command for growling versus cats. She hasn't growled at humans today or yesterday. She hasn't snarled at cats in a while. Just low intensity play growling/herding behavior--mostly herding. She hasn't bitten in almost two months. Also she really likes the food-peace regimen discussed in another thread (which basically consists of me removing the cats from the kitchen before she eats so she doesn't have to worry about them and making this very easy routine out of mealtime). This morning, I was doing something in the kitchen pre-breakfast that made her think it was mealtime and she actually went to Nyxie on the barstool and growled at her very low intensity while looking intermittently at me, like NO, WAIT, PLEASE TAKE HER OUT! (anticipating the routine--I told her no, wait, and continued with what I was doing, which involved my own breakfast, and then completed the routine for hers later when it was actually time). And she is still listening to me when I tell her hush it's nothing with the frenzied barking. Even if the barking doesn't always stop until I tell her "time out," she is always quiet by the time she is collecting herself in the bathroom. And the leash biting / weird leash-putting-on behavior is improving albeit rather slowly (see description here, in another post). So generally, things are going well!

I'm just hoping Dr. Haug will be able to explain her behavior better to me and help me understand better how to act in each troublesome situation to make her less either aggressive or nervous. And also, I won't lie, I'm hoping she will send us home with an Rx too! Because I've heard so many people say dogs like her can be helped tremendously by them, if given in conjunction with behavior mod, which I am more than willing to conduct!

P.S. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE DOG MAMAS ON THE BOARD!

Wishing you the very best as you continue with your dedication to this very fortunate dog (fortunate because she has you!).

Not many people would have your patience or persistence. I admire you enormously.

Mary and Travis the Trickless WonderDog.

My best mojo heading your way, best of luck tomorrow, I hopoe you and your family and Pan can find some answers to help this little dog. Take notes! You'll probably get a lot of valuable info.

We keep lots of mojo the BCs in a special box by the computer for just such a need. Here ya go.

Update us ASAP please....

Will do! Going to school to turn in my grades, then leaving for Texas at half past nine. If I have time when I get back tonight I will post... if not, tomorrow morning!

I've been following your journey with Pan but not posting because I haven't had any insight to add...however, mojo I can do, so best wishes for all of you for tomorrow's appointment! :rolleyes:

Ditto. I also want to say that I am so impressed with how far you've come!