BC Boards

...and sometimes they find you, new pup

Well, it wasn't too long ago that I came to these boards looking for advise on a second dog.

An adult dog was my main focus of the search. The local shelters in the area have been

great when a prospective dog came in to call and give us the first look. I guess somewhere

in the paperwork , the word "adult" , came up missing...

Soooo, a week ago, the call came of a young male border collie, possibly aussie mix, from a

a shelter in town. Should have never took my wife with me. Needless to say, we now have

a 3 1/2 month old little black bundle of Oh My God!! He already keeps up our 2 1/2 year

old female , step for step, at a full run. Fetches and retrieves like a little champ. He already shows

his herdiness too. I'm sure that I'll be here with many questions regarding this little monster, but so far so good, he's settling in very nicely. Wish us luck.

Gorgeous!! Many happy years to you all.

Schwartza puppy. Adorable.

Welcome to your new home Mike. You can expect to spend a lot of tme here finding out about Border Collies The next several years of your life are going to be filled with wonder.

Oh my! What a cute little monster! But why do they say Aussie mix and not black lab? Just curious... He looks a little bit like Pan did at that age (not that we know what her sire was! only the mother is guaranteed border collie).

post-9869-1241703359_thumb.jpg

OK, that pic is a little young... Two and a half months. But my next pics are 4 months, and this is the closest evidence I have of what I remember. You get the picture.

He is SO cute!!!! Looks like he's ready for anything!

Best of luck with him.

What did you name him?

Mary Huber and Travis the Trickless WonderDog

My oldest son said he looks like a Dave, so Dave it is.

Oh my! What a cute little monster! But why do they say Aussie mix and not black lab? Just curious... He looks a little bit like Pan did at that age (not that we know what her sire was! only the mother is guaranteed border collie).

post-9869-1241703359_thumb.jpg

OK, that pic is a little young... Two and a half months. But my next pics are 4 months, and this is the closest evidence I have of what I remember. You get the picture.

Coming from a shelter it's never for sure on mixes, but his mom is Border Collie. The pictures between Pan and mine are very similar though, he could have Lab thrown in there somewhere the way he retrieves :rolleyes:

He is adorable. He looks alot like my Mick. If I was on top of things I could go find a young pic and post it to compare but I'm not that good at the moment.

Mick has the same markings and is all BC. But people sometimes confuse him with other breeds with his all black fat head and his wide look.

Just a little cutie Dave is! Nice name too!

. . . he could have Lab thrown in there somewhere the way he retrieves :rolleyes:

LOL!! The only one of my dogs who won't retrieve, or swim for that matter, is the one who is half Lab!!!

He's very cute! It will be fun to see what he looks like when he's grown up!!

My BC is a retrieving fool, and there's no chance of lab in him! LOVE the name Dave.

==============================

Travis is also a retrieving fool, at least as good as our Golden Retrievers from years past. He's also a thinker.

He would fly after a thrown item, rush back with the ball, stick, Frisbee, or whatever, jam on the brakes about five feet from us, literally toss the item toward us with a flick of his head, then rush back out, anticipating another throw.

Sometimes, the item would land between our feet, however, it would frequently roll away from the force of his "toss" -- so we would stand without moving a muscle, glance at the item, then glance at the dog.

He would then rush back (always in a big hurry), grab up the item and make sure he deposited it right at our feet, then rush back out. I swear I could hear him sigh in exasperation at the humans' inability to step a few feet away and pick up the carelessly tossed item.

Funniest game we ever played!

Mary and Travis the Trickless WonderDog

Yup thats how it usually happens, when you least expect it. I was looking about 2 yrs ago for a 5-6 mo old in for June..ended up with a 10 wk old in January and the rest is history. Was looking for a new agility partner for my daughter to start again around June, ended up with Why? about a month ago...these things always happen for a reason