BC Boards

gee, your hair smells terrific

I know everyone loves the way their dogs smell (or maybe it's just me...) but Jett is really exceptional in this regard. She has an intensely pleasant personal odor. It's not just that her puppy odor never really went away, she smells even better than that. She's fresh and sweet and always squeaky clean no matter what she's just been into. Really, Jett smells like a baby -- a fresh, clean, just-washed baby. Everyone who meets her remarks on it. Or, they'll find themselves burying their noses in the long hair behind her ears and inhaling deeply without realizing it. Even my mother thinks Jett smells good, and my mother thinks all dogs are disgusting.

I have exceptional dogs. Solo is the most brilliant and handsomest dog on the planet. Fly is the happiest dog on the planet, as well as the fastest eater. As Jett has matured, her niche has become clear: she is the best smelling dog on the planet.

Buzz had the best smell - very slightly doggy, warm, relaxing. I loved snuffling his head. My TillieGirl, a blue heeler, smelled like sandalwood. Loved it.

Sami smells ok, definitely doggy, though, and Shonie, depending on how long it's been since I bathed her, can smell ok or really, really strong.

Ruth

I like the way Cobi smells, too. His foster mom washed him with a great smelling rinse before I adopted him, but that was two weeks ago and he still smells nice. Even in the spots that don't smell like the rinse. It's very different than my other dogs.

Riley got nailed by a skunk about two months ago. The baking soda and peroxide (very very dilute) trick worked for the most part but I didn't get his head well enough with it. YUCK!

Most of the time he smells like whatever shampoo he just got washed in or Eau de Pond Water.

Jack nevers smells "doggy", always fresh and sunshine-y.

Aside: Thanks for the quick blast back to the '70s with the "Gee your hair smells terrific" title! My sisters and I loved that shampoo as well as Love's Baby Soft stuff and Bonnie Bell. Anything that was in Seventeen magazine was a must-have!

Funny this got posted. My BC always smells great, where my other dog, not so much. I thought it was strange that Rig always smelled really good. Today I met another BC that I just happened to get a smell of, and she smelled exactly like my guy. Is it possible all BCs smell the same? :rolleyes:

They definitely don't. Solo smells like warm and comforting. Fly smells like a giant hamster. Neither one of them smells anything like Jett. Jett smells a little bit like a freshly split pine log.

They definitely don't. Solo smells like warm and comforting. Fly smells like a giant hamster. Neither one of them smells anything like Jett. Jett smells a little bit like a freshly split pine log.

My two smell completely different; Senneca's is soft and feminine; Rhys has only now lost his Eau de Kennel smell and is actually well described as "warm and comforting" -- he doesn't have that intact male smell at all now. I briefly had a foster, Patches, whose smell woke something from my childhood -- he smelled just like the dog I grew up with. It was scary, I would bury my nose in his ruff, and he was a time machine that transported me back to childhood.

Chaos naturally smells like cookies. Seriously. :rolleyes: I try to share this finding with others, but "smell my dog" must not be a very attractive invitation. Few take me up on the offer. Sigh.

Chaos naturally smells like cookies. Seriously. :rolleyes: I try to share this finding with others, but "smell my dog" must not be a very attractive invitation. Few take me up on the offer. Sigh.

I would TOTALLY love to smell a dog who smells like cookies!

I don't think Buddy smells as good as Jett, but he does have an inoffensive smell that makes it delightful to bury my face in his neck and snuzzle. Sort of like neutral-good-dog smell. He is clearly missing the icky smell I pick up from some other dogs I love on.

Mary

Chaos naturally smells like cookies. Seriously. :rolleyes:

Interesting thread. Sort of like the movie "Michael"--he smelled different to different people. Fresh baked cookies. Apple pie. Heaven scents. Maybe that's what we're smelling. :D

Solo smells like warm and comforting. Fly smells like a giant hamster. Neither one of them smells anything like Jett. Jett smells a little bit like a freshly split pine log.

LOL! You must have the same kind of nose that I do. I smell everything. Drives DH crazy. Are you the one who had a thread a while back about your dogs feet smelling like corn chips? :rolleyes:

LOL! You must have the same kind of nose that I do. I smell everything. Drives DH crazy. Are you the one who had a thread a while back about your dogs feet smelling like corn chips? :rolleyes:

I don't know anything about a dog feet thread, but it's true! My daughter and I always say Cobi has Frito feet.

I noticed quickly that Meg did not smell of dog. She smells great especially now as we have come back from the sea and she smells all seaweedy!

all my dogs smell differently but lately with all the dust and junkyard, they all have a musty dirt smell, not offensive but not real good either. I also find Mick smells manly, where Dew smells like a girl.

Wow what a blast from the past....Loves baby soft. Do they still make that stuff?

Poor Jazzy is gettin old. She has an old smell lots of the time. It must be one of Dew's fav. smells. She's always got her nose in jazz's rear or neck sniffing. We giggle about it often. Must remind her of her mommy? Raven smells like my bed. Not sure if it's cause she makes the bed smell like her or she smells like the bed?

Strange what we find good smelling. I was once at the grocery store in my winter coat that I just got out for the season. I had some old gloves that I must have used while lambing in the pockets. There I was standing in the grocery line sniffing my gloves, looking like an idiot I'm sure! I love lamb smell.

Wow what a blast from the past....Loves baby soft. Do they still make that stuff?

They sure do! One whiff and you'll be right back in 1974. Check out the Vermont Country Store. They also have Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific, Sun Up, Body on Tap, and good ol' Prell. I should shop for my sisters' birthday presents there.

Jack nevers smells "doggy", always fresh and sunshine-y.

Aside: Thanks for the quick blast back to the '70s with the "Gee your hair smells terrific" title! My sisters and I loved that shampoo as well as Love's Baby Soft stuff and Bonnie Bell. Anything that was in Seventeen magazine was a must-have!

Ha! You are dating yourself but I am too, as I very much remember that! And of course Charlie perfume which was introduced back then. And let's not forget Love's Fresh Lemon.