BC Boards

Annie and the Pet Psychic

Years ago I wished I had psychic ability, but I didn't then and I don't now, but I've had some things happen that I didn't ask for. Years ago I lived in an old apartment building and my apartment gave me the creeps --- with good reason, I found out. I was happy when I moved out of there.

And it might be easily pooh poohed by anyone and I really don't care, but I know that it was Lena who came to me in a dream 10 days after her death to let me know, it's OK.

For that reason, I'd be game to talk to a communicator.

Were all the deceased dogs treated at some local vet? If so, could she have had access to those records?

The deceased dogs were in fact treated by the same vet; but our vet is not "local", and there are many vets within a closer proximity. With that said, the psychic had never met us before, and did not know our names; the session was arranged through Annie's doggie day care center. We have never discussed the other dogs with the day care center perator, so she could not have passed on this information. If our vet had received a call about our dogs, she would have immediately notified us. As a skeptic, I searched for every reason to NOT believe that this person was for real; but I have no rational explanation for what she knew, or how she knew it.

"The deceased dogs were in fact treated by the same vet; but our vet is not "local", and there are many vets within a closer proximity. With that said, the psychic had never met us before, and did not know our names; the session was arranged through Annie's doggie day care center. We have never discussed the other dogs with the day care center perator, so she could not have passed on this information."

I don't discount the communicators either. I am, however, curious about she went about telling the name or names of other animals. What was the process? I was starting to give some credence until you mentioned that the day care place arranged to have the psychic come. That suggests a relationship between a person who works there and the psychic. Can you be absolutely certain that you never said something like your dog had been lonesome since Missy died? Swamis knowing the names of dear departed ones through mundane means is an old trick.

Penny

Years ago I wished I had psychic ability, but I didn't then and I don't now, but I've had some things happen that I didn't ask for. Years ago I lived in an old apartment building and my apartment gave me the creeps --- with good reason, I found out. I was happy when I moved out of there.

And it might be easily pooh poohed by anyone and I really don't care, but I know that it was Lena who came to me in a dream 10 days after her death to let me know, it's OK.

For that reason, I'd be game to talk to a communicator.

Oh, my wonderful deceased cat, Jupiter, came to me in a dream after he died last year - I've had that experience too - it was really weird, I was walking down down down into this cave and it was echoey and labyrinthine and I was scared I would see dragons there. But instead my cat came out of the dark and had come to see me and I knew he was dead and he was visiting me and I was watching him. I had similar dreams about my parents too after they passed. But whether those experiences - which I cherish - are real, or just my subconscious desires to believe in an afterlife where I will see them all again, I don't know. But that's just my skeptical take. I enjoy hearing about evidence of such an afterlife. I just usually tend to doubt such things myself. It's a personality thing. But that doesn't mean I didn't RUSH to adopt Nyxie when I found out she mysteriously showed up at the rescue the same day Jupiter died. She looks just like him. See what I mean? There's a balance. Even though I too have had the experience of knowing who was on the phone before it rang - looking at it to WAIT for it to ring - and my father had the same experience once, knowing his father was dead, even though they lived 2000 miles apart, the instant he passed. But still I don't know, and I have a high standard for evidence, so I try to walk the line between wanting to believe and keeping a healthy skepticism. But I have loved this thread. I love stories that inspire me to believe, even if only for an instant or two.

Swamis knowing the names of dear departed ones through mundane means is an old trick.

Absolutely. Watch some of the TV "psychics" and see them fishing around for general information until the audience members themselves offer up clues.

"I see a female relative... Maybe a mother... or a daughter... or an aunt. She's passed."

"It's my mother!"

"Yes! That's what I'm getting! Your mother. It was painful when she left you."

"Boo hoo! YES! It was painful when my mother died!"

http://www.skepticreport.com/psychicpowers/confessions.htm

http://www.wikihow.com/Cold-Read

Mary

I have a friend who "sees" things also, and I believe it is a rare gift for some people.

I also have a friend who "sees" things. He rarely talks about it because it really freaks him out sometimes, but he finally mentioned it to his mother one day after living with it his whole life, and it turns out his mother experiences the exact same things, as does his grandmother. I'm skeptical of most people who claim to have "gifts", but the fact that this guy is so sensitive about it makes me think there really is something to it.

For, you see, if she is right about the canine spirits, then there is in fact an afterlife for both us and our animals. And that bit of knowledge lets me believe that I will in fact be reunited with my beloved pets someday…

I met two of them which I thought were total BS but I like what you said above. :rolleyes:

I was just sending board mojo to someone and thought of this thread. Now what do we call board mojo or where do we lump it in with things that don't make since? IT works...I got proof....you all sent board mojo and I sold my house..... remember? :D:rolleyes:

Absolutely. Watch some of the TV "psychics" and see them fishing around for general information until the audience members themselves offer up clues.

"I see a female relative... Maybe a mother... or a daughter... or an aunt. She's passed."

"It's my mother!"

"Yes! That's what I'm getting! Your mother. It was painful when she left you."

"Boo hoo! YES! It was painful when my mother died!"

http://www.skepticreport.com/psychicpowers/confessions.htm

http://www.wikihow.com/Cold-Read

Mary

Hubby and I visited some family in New Orleans during French Quarter Fest just recently, and had a great time listening to a "psychic" working in one of the voodoo shops. There were some exchanges like:

Psychic: You've made some mistakes.

Woman: Yes! He was a jerk.

Psychic: I'm sensing a pain in your heart. A man?

Woman: No way, how did you know?