BC Boards

Shedding Brushes

Hiya! Thank you to everyone for their well wishes for Rohan. It sounds like this is a life long battle. The vet said shave him or brush him every day. He is a short haired cat!!! So, we have to find a really good brush for Rohan, and if we could use it on Riven that would be peachy!!! Riven sheds like no tomorrow so Im wondering if he's injesting some of her hair too.

ETA: humm.. not sure anyone will understand what Im wanting here lol. Im just looking for suggestions on brushes, Im currently looking on ebay

Zookie, I use a slicker brush on my big black cat who has short, but very thick and dense, fur. It's nothing fancy and it's old as the hills, but it does a good job. Lucky enjoys being brushed so much that if she sees you with it or if you say, "Wanna brush?", she comes running. I do use it on Jack and he is not as big a fan as Lucky, but it does a good job on his ears.

LOL rohan nips me through out brushing lol. We have like a little kid brush but for pets and it does nothing on him. We have a rake for Riven but it doesnt get her undercoat and the teeth are too long for Rohans thin hair.

Has anyone tried one called the Shed Ender? There are a ton on ebay and they're supposed to get out the undercoat?

My sister has been after me to let her use her Flow-Bee on Carlos's excessive amount of fur. She used to use it on her Persian Cats, who liked it. After the past week's episode (much like Rohan's right down to the cheap treats and two vet visits), I'm willing to give it a try. I will post the results in a week or two, when we see whether it seems to help with the hairballs. Here are links to the Flow-Bee so you can see what I'm talking about.

Flow-Bee

Pet Flow-Bee

Carlos.jpg

Reading your post about Rohan's hairball problems prompted me to brush my 17 year old Kitty (short hair) this morning. I use one of those rubber Zoom-Grooms with her. Looks like Zoom Groom . The Kong ones are pretty expensive - you may be able to get a cheaper one.

My dear old Kitty loves the grooming with this - and she's not a cuddly cat at all. It gets an alarming amount of hair out, but the cat is just being massaged by the rubber pins.

Kitty says thank you for prompting her lazy mom to do some grooming.

Hmm, I looked at the Furminator and the Zoom Groom and they both look like they might be good. Thank you very much for your suggestions, posters!

(Carlos doesn't realize his fur problem wouldn't be nearly so bad if he would just let Daisy lick him as much as she wants to!)