BC Boards

Teeth cleaning- by vet or brushing

Big marrow containing bones are too hard for most dogs to chew. I would feed her ribs as Debbie suggested, or bones with lots of muscle and gristles to tear at. I also get the giant turkey necks when I can - feeding them nearly frozen is a great tooth balm to teething pups and dogs with poor tooth cleaning history.

I'd give her the bone instead of her meal a few times and see what happens to her enthusiasm. Too many dogs are overfed, and overfed dogs are picky and don't eat as well as they should.

Apparently I have a dog that raw bones do no good....it isn't the bones it is the dog, for some reason she won't chew on the bones, she takes the meat off the bones, licks out as much marrow as she can and then just leaves them. She is only 2yrs old and has waaay to much tartar build up on her teeth. She has never been a chewer and I haven't found anything she likes to actually chew on.

so teeth brushing and vet dentals for us, there is this liquid that my Vet recommends we squirt in her mouth once a day to help with the tartar build up.