BC Boards

Beckah - How is your puppy today?

She is still limping but putting her paw down now and is (apart from limping) completely back to her old self, she is so frustrated being crated though and looks so sad when she see's Gyp zooming around.

Back to the vets tomorrow for an x-ray so I guess I will know more then.

She is still limping but putting her paw down now and is (apart from limping) completely back to her old self, she is so frustrated being crated though and looks so sad when she see's Gyp zooming around.

Back to the vets tomorrow for an x-ray so I guess I will know more then.

Sounds encouraging if she is using it a little. Hopefully she just pulled a muscle. Sheesh! Its always something.

Tommy does these amazing leaps off the bed - she leaps about 6 feet out. I'm scared to death she is going to hurt herself. They just have so much energy.

Best wishes.

Sorry to hear your puppy is hurt. Our Kaycee (6 mo old) jumped in the air to catch a ball off a bad bounce and twisted mid air and landed all her weight on her back foot. Fx all 4 metatarsals :rolleyes: We just had her cast taken off last week (wednesday) after having it on for 4 weeks. We were told that the 2 pins inserted in the 2 middle bones are still healing and to try and keep Kaycee still. Do these vets know anything about BC's!!!!! You can't crate them all day and they just can't possibly sit still for more than 5 minutes. Shes racing around the house and wants to play ball 24/7. We teather her for most of the day in the house, but even that doesn't stop her. Shes otherwise been doing well and still healing with no further issues. We go back in another 4 weeks for xrays again to see how its healing.

Puppy's heal very quickly thankfully!!! Hope all goes well with your Dr's appt. and keep us posted.... Erik

Its nice to know Im not the only one who is struggling keeping them still!! We are allowed to take her out on a leash to do her toileting but even then on a very short leash shes so happy to be out shes jumping around and getting really excited! I am finding it impossible to keep her completely inactive but am just doing the best I can.

Even in her crate shes pawing at the bars and her bed. We've given her her kong in there but shes going at that like a mad wonem lol, I think Ive got a long few weeks ahead of me!!

Whats really sad is today is the day both pups are allowed out on walks after their injections :rolleyes: