BC Boards

little bit of info

hi

i was bored and going through old posts on some of the boards here and came across ones about this girl who some of you noticed was going by two different names and buying dogs from all kinds of places. well i would just like to say that funny enough my cat actually has a myspace and he has 'her dogs' as friends on their and she posts bulletins about this puppy that she's been wanting.. think she has 5 dogs already and does disk flying with them and agility etc

now this puppy is a very unusual colour.. redish merle i think you would call it with two blue eyes.. she found it on the net and the woman who its breeder is has been holding it for this girl since it was about 8wks old i'd say.. well from her bulletins ive read the breeder is still holding it for her, but now the puppy would be at least coming up to 4months old.. now that to me doesn't sound right, no breeder in their right mind would hold a puppy for that long.. they would hold puppies, but after maybe a week or two they would sell them to someone else. i would not think any breeder would hold a puppy for over 2months

this girl is very young and i think she has way too many dogs for her age.. i don't even have one and when i move out (i'm 22 btw) yes i do plan on getting a dog and hopefully a border collie, but i have worked around dogs and animals for many years and i never buy from breeders unless i really, really trust them and NEVER EVER from pet shops. my first cat was given to us by a family friend when i was only 4. and scoota was from a rescue called SAFE - Saving Animals From Euthansia, they are not kennels, they're all foster carers.

another thing i found out from her the other day is she said she is breeder her dog lyrik as she is coming into heat soon.. now reading over some posts she's said she doesn't breed, so gets me wondering what she really does with her dogs??

This 'breeder' is 16? Wow. . .I'm 16. . .just wow.

How does she do it all? School, work, family, chores, friends? And competing all the time with her dogs? :rolleyes:

i know.. i wouldn't be able to do it and i'm 22. plus i saw she started posted here in 2006, so started all this with her dogs when she was just 14 or younger?

Am I being very stupid about this topic.

Given I am totally ignorant about breeding , I can see nothing wrong with the site this lady has.

I found it easy to navigate and thought it quite a well presented site.

Is it because of the owner's age? If she has the knowledge, or her family has, what is she doing wrong.

I am baffled, please clarify this situation for me as I must be missing something.

• 1 month later...

She's 16, has 5 Border Collies, "competes" with them and breeds them? I'm 17, I have 1 BC+2 Schnauzers, compete in agility and barely have time for a non-dog life (not that I want one). I couldn't imagine breeding my guys. I find it hard to believe she has the time to raise a litter while doing all of that. All of my pets are fixed and I am so happy for that. Sure, there are times when I think, "Man, Komet would really throw some smoking performace dogs", but it ends there. Granted, my Dad wouldn't let me anyway, he barely tolerates Mal. Maybe in the distant future if I happen to have two intact dogs of opposite sex that I am really please with and are tested and the like, then maybe, maybe I would consider breeding them. It's just unfathomable to me how many people think that just because they have a cute boy dog and cute girl dog that they should make puppies.

Grrrr... this makes me so angry. The father came in here a while ago to 'defend' his daughter - and didn't he state that they weren't going to actually breed any of the dogs? Didn't he imply that this was just his child's childish way of dealing with trouble in her life?

The kid's getting over the "puppy" stage of getting a free pass from older humans. She's now of an age where she needs to take responsibility for what she does and think about consequences of her choices.

Mary

Grrrr... this makes me so angry. The father came in here a while ago to 'defend' his daughter - and didn't he state that they weren't going to actually breed any of the dogs? Didn't he imply that this was just his child's childish way of dealing with trouble in her life?

Don't forget that she also said that Jake was actually neutered several times. Now he has a litter (I'm assuming this one was accidental, because the female is not registered and her website claims she wants to breed "ABCA registered Border Collies") and last I heard, she is planning for him to sire two more this year.

I just want to say that when I posted about this girl in the very beginning of all of this, I was made out to be a bully and told that she was just a child with a fantasy and I should leave her alone. I knew that it would eventually come to this. She has been accumulating these dogs for exactly the purpose of breeding. I am saddened that I turned out to be right.

I just want to say that when I posted about this girl in the very beginning of all of this, I was made out to be a bully and told that she was just a child with a fantasy and I should leave her alone. I knew that it would eventually come to this. She has been accumulating these dogs for exactly the purpose of breeding. I am saddened that I turned out to be right.

I remember, Sandy. :rolleyes: I really wouldn't be surprised if she is back on the board under a new name.

Edit...

I pointed out that she currently has pups from Leila, who is barely a year old, according to Leila's page, even though the previous website that Devi quoted from said that the other two litters would be after the bitches are two years old.

Decided my first post sounded too snippy. And of course this girl shouldn't be breeding dogs at all, anyway.

Who in the world did she sell all those puppies to?

I would guess the same kinds of people as those she's sold her other dogs to. Ryott, for example (mentioned on the "Testimonials" part of the new website), was advertised very heavily on Craigslists across Tennessee and north Georgia for at least several weeks, and for something like $500, if I remember correctly.