BC Boards

So did anyone watch Ophra, Dog Wisperer

Originally posted by HCBell:

I did not see anything helpful

He just basically said, you have to be boss/dominent

It's not really helpful to you and me, ie. people who are very dog savvy. But I think it's really helpful to those who have dogs, but really aren't dog savvy - which is most of the population of dog owners (IMO). And in that way, I think he does do a good service.

It's not really helpful to you and me, ie. people who are very dog savvy. But I think it's really helpful to those who have dogs, but really aren't dog savvy - which is most of the population of dog owners (IMO). And in that way, I think he does do a good service.
But I would have thought that it would have been more helpful to the average joe to give examples of how to be the "pack leader", instead he just said it over and over. Maybe the Oprah Spot was just a big old commercial for his show and he covers it there. Possible, I have never seen it and won't since we do not have cable. LOL no time for it, I have a border ccollie mix and two kiddos.

I was watching it, but I was interrupted by a phone call. Cesar was helping Nate with his problem dogs. One was an incessant barker and the other one was the terror of the neighborhood.

nate.jpg

I didn't realize that Oprah had added 3 golden retrievers to her pack of Cockers. They are a year old now.

I watched, it was on 1/2 of the show. He did show Nate examples of how to be "pack leader", by standing in front of the dog when the door bell rang, walking down the street, mostly just having a calm manner and "acting", in charge. It was short, but like someone else said, it was more for people just like Nate, who really love their dogs and just want everyone to be their friend. Like a lot of people parents, you can be a parent and still be a friend (when the kids become adults!!!)

Originally posted by Coloradogirl:

That South park was hilarious!! Oh my I laughed so hard. Cesar did his own voice for it. That was my favorite episode so far!!!

I was rolling on the floor laughing! I want to see it again.

South Park always seems to hit the nail on the head for me.

Glad someone saw it and agreed with me!