BC Boards

Happy July 4th

I know iat's a bit early for you guys yet - but it's July 4th here already, so I wanted to wish all the Americans a very happy and safe holiday (and hope the doggies don't have too bad of a time with the fireworks.)

Thanks, Barb...it is thenight before the 4th here in PA-USA...Cody has been really tough-all he does is bark if it is right close by and he is outside...he doesn't runand hide...just stands on the porch barking his fool heado ff! When we came in, he calmed down and just raised his ears everytime he heard done go off so I think we should be alright with it. This is the first year we have had him so I was curious as to how he'd be with them(we didn't get him till last Aug), but so far, so good!!!!

Happy Fourth to you too. God Bless

Happy 4th to everyone!

PS

My two pups already hate fireworks and are only 5 mos old,and have never been around them!!

I'm glad to hear that, Dixie Girl! Is your hubby a veteran? Thank him for me too!

My husband and I did a slide show at church on Sunday to honor our veterans, past and present. Such brave men and women! We also have several members serving in Iraq at the moment.

Freedom isn't free!

No,DH could not go in the service. During Vietnam, he quit his job, put his stuff in storage, sold his gazillion cars, went down to be inducted, spent two days there so they could tell him his hearing loss was too bad to go in.

However, I had a great-uncle, 6 uncles, daddy, 3 brothers, my son,(he was in Kuait)and I don't know how many cousins, plus some great-great-great-greats in the war of north. aggression. None of my relates were here for the war of independence! Well, except the Indian side! LOL

So, yeah, I got a deep appreciation for them. When I am out and about, when I see someone in uniform, I always make it a point to say thank you to them. They always look surprised when I do, and I think THAT is kinda sad.

Freedom is easier to keep, than to win.

Happy 4th everyone (who has not had it yet!)

the shih tzus were really unhappy last night. People were doing fireworks early, plus we had thunder. The were so scared! Poor things. Dazzle didn't care - thank goodness.

So to all the doggies, have a safe and happy night.

Wow, Dixie Girl, your family's military service sounds like mine!

I liked your ending statement too. Here's one from Dwight D. Eisenhower that I like also:

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

(Aside: The Eisenhower farm in Gettysburg,PA, is a great place to visit! It's so fun to see the 50's decor and all of the "stuff" Mamie hung onto.)

That is a great quote! I like that! If I ever get up to PA I will be sure to check that out. God knows what a deep appreciation I have for anyone who collects "stuff"!!! I am the ultimate pack rat! Most couples have one that is and one that ain't, unfortunately, DH is as bad as me!

I'm a pack rat also, especially when it comes to anything my boys wrote or drew. My husband is the child of a neat freak, but I corrupted him! At least my children will have some neat things from their childhood---my mother-in-law threw away everything that wasn't nailed or glued down!

One thing I remember that was in a display case at the Eisenhower farm was a plate with pictures of all the presidents that Mamie bought at Stuckey's and she had it displayed beside something fabulous that had come from Tiffany's!

Happy 4th of July my fellow Americans!!

My prayers and Thanks to all members of our armed forces and their families

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. --

John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address Washington, D.C. January 20, 1961