BC Boards

Canidae and gas??????

Has anyone experienced this? Within the last month I have switched my girls from Science Diet to Canidae and now that they are on it fully I have noticed much tooting going on. :confused:

They don't seem to be eliminating as much and the stools look good. It's just the gas. It's not stinky gas just toots and squeaks all the time. :eek:

Suggestions, explainations? Thanks.

My six have been on Canidae for about a year now. Ditto on the coat difference mentioned by FishinBC -- amazing! I seem to remember that one of my dogs did have gas for a little while after the switch (and it stunk!!!), but it went away after a while.

Lin

Ah, that explains it! Yes, we also switched recently, 3 from Science and 2 from Wellness to Canidae. One of the dogs that had been on Science had an amazing improvement in her coat, the others had nice coats to begin with. I did notice a couple of them "tooting". It actually startles my female when she does that :D . I saw her jump onto a chair one day and she tooted as she did. She whipped around looking for the offender and when she didn't see one she jumped of off the chair and glared at it accusingly lol! SHE doesn' have gas so it MUST'VE been the chair! :rolleyes:

Jennifer

I wish Meg would toot. She's silent and deadly.

We tried Merrill puppy stew and it gave Meg the runs, and then we tried Canidae and she did have lots of gas. Precise seems to be working for her really well with supplementation of eggs and lightly cooked meat and fish.

Thank you Jennifer! Big laughs coming from this way!

My old Mickey did something like that once. She was sleeping on the floor and tooted fairly loudly. She lifted her head real fast, looked around, jumped up and ran away with her tail tucked between her legs and looking over her shoulder. It was one of the funniest moments of my life! :rolleyes:

I have a foxhound x with food allergies who did very well on Canidae (no gas), but my BC Rikki does NOT like it. We don't know why but think it might be the lamb. However, she did well on Nutro Natural Choice Adult Lamb Meal & Rice!?? Right now I have the group on Royal Canin Sensible Choice Chicken Meal & Rice and they're all doing well. I also tried Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Potato & Duck, but my cattle dog x can't process potatoes. It's always something!