BC Boards

How You Know You're a BC Person- Please Add Yours!

THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE FUN..

1)You don't mind their hair in your coffee.

2)You get used to sharing your shower every morning.

3)You become very good at playing a game of fetch while on the potty.

4)You begin to realize how smart a dog can really be!

5)You begin to look at cows and sheep in a whole new light.

6)You'd actually rather go walk in the rain than watch an episode of House.

7)You actually like being outsmarted by a dog.

8)You begin to look forward to that 4 am wakeup call..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, yes to all. lol. I already do, 1, 3, 6, 8. Cool. Thanks.

9) You didn't have this many toys spread around the house when you had kids!

10) You can no longer walk in a straight line, due to weaving back and forth when you take your BC for a walk.

11) You can explain patiently to the uninitiated that your BC is not a "mutt", it just looks like one.

12) Your budget for balls is about equal to your car insurance payments.

13) You have given up watching television altogether.

14) You now understand that SAR is not some exotic infectious disease.

15) You have to start worrying that your dog might actually catch that squirrel.

16) You feel guilty when someone asks "how did you teach your dog to do that trick?" because your dog taught herself.

17) You think that staring at someone is a polite behavior

18) You think that every other dog you meet is fat because they don't have a tuck waist

19) You only get on the computer to check the Border Collie Boards

20) One day you wake up a realize that your dog has a better memory then you do

21) You find yourself arguing with your dog; and what's worse, the dog wins the arguments.

22) You travel to Scottish festivals just to see the dog trials.

23) Your favorite colors are black and white.

24) The default home page on your computer is http://www.bordercollie.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

25) You actually develop a taste for haggis, neeps, and tatties washed down with Irn Bru.

26) You are among the few that know that BARF is an acronym, and not an indelicate human act.

27) The mention of a Scottish shepherd and sheep in the same phrase brings to mind a different image than most people imagine.

28) Anyone who is unsure about what to get you for a gift knows that anything having to do with Border Collies will always work.

29) You have more pictures of your dog than of your grandkids in your office.

30) You begin to compare your dog and your kids in terms of intelligence. (Guess who wins?)

You start telling your human kids "That'll do!"

You take your dog to the shelter to adopt his own cat.

Your car is full of tennis balls, frisbees, chuckits, towels and other toys just in case you stop at a good place to play.

Your dogs know that if you don't get up when the alarm goes off that it is the WEEKEND and that means you are at their mercy.

Out of the blue, you develop an amazing talent for throwing a frisbee hundreds of times a day.

You think nothing of throwing said frisbee in your backyard at 6:30 am, wearing nothing but a towel. (FYI, yard is privacy fenced!)

You never realized that "ENOUGH!" was a command that dogs needed to learn, until now.

You have an extended vocabulary that consists of sounds.

Your dogs have a multitude of nicknames and respond to everyone of them.

One of your drawers in your refrigerator is always full of bloody animal parts.

Your neighbors, friends, and family think you are weird and obsessed.

When people pick fur off of you, you proudly state,"border collies".

Toni

You look forward to going outside when it is 20 degrees, snowing and blowing, to play with the dog.

You have a special fondness for "Border Cats".

You have a desire to learn a foreign language so your dog can't understand what you are saying - for a couple weeks at least.

You never go to the bathroom alone

Your friends are all used to the fact that the after dinner entertainment consists of throwing a squeaky sheep toy around the house

You don't mind being stared at

You can spot a BC from five blocks away or in a crowd, and make a beeline to go pet the dog and talk to the owner

The only bumperstickers that you have say "My Border Collie Is Smarter Than Your Honor Student" and a sticker for BC Rescue

The only bumperstickers that you have say "My Border Collie Is Smarter Than Your Honor Student" and a sticker for BC Rescue
AHEM! You forgot about my "I Love My Border Collie" bone magnet, the silver-and-black magnet depicting a Border Collie, and my ABCA sticker, all of which are on my car and/or pick-up truck. And for clarification, my BC rescue item is a ribbon magnet, not a bumper sticker. :rolleyes:

You never realized that "ENOUGH!" was a command that dogs needed to learn, until now.
...and that "REST" is the only word in the English language beyond a Border Collie's comprehension.

* You develop night vision to enable you to navigate recent excavations on the midnight potty run

* You find yourself giving your friends/family/cat hand signals and then wondering why they don't understand what you mean

* You are used to your friend saying, "wow, it is like he can actually understand what you are saying!".

"You have a desire to learn a foreign language so your dog can't understand what you are saying - for a couple weeks at least."

Oh this one is so TRUE. We are running out of code words, signals, winks, nods, and coughs to try and talk over their heads.

You realize that regardless of how many fond memories you have of other breeds you have owned you have to admit they were boring compared to your BC!

You pick out bed covers that will match the mud you know will be on it.

No matter how bad your day is, at some point, you will smile or LOL at something he has done!

You learn to NOT have a smug look on your face when someone tells about how it only took two weeks to teach their dog what yours learned in two tries!

You find that "split personality" is not a bad thing!

Your new moisturiser consists of dog slobber

Dogs eating sheep poop seems normal

You have a dog you think the world of, and they think you are the world.

You learn all the ranges of your emotions. Sometimes in one day.

Originally posted by Dixie_Girl:

You learn to NOT have a smug look on your face when someone tells about how it only took two weeks to teach their dog what yours learned in two tries!

You learn all the ranges of your emotions. Sometimes in one day.

Out of your list, I like these two the best!!

1. You buy a new car, because your BC was afraid to get in the old one!

2. You tell the people you supervise at work,"that'll do, and they actually listen"!

3. When all the books on your shelves are about BC's in one form or another.

4. When you ask if your BC's best friend (who is also a BC) can "sleep over", a couple of days with you so the dogs can play.

5. You realize that the shortest distance between 2 points is a circle instead of a straight line!

6. You spell words instead of saying them, in hopes you can't forestall the inevitable.

7. You feel guilty about wanting to go out for the evening, without your dog.

8.(my favorite) You actually think it's ok, when hubby comes to bed a 1/2 hour after you and dosen't have the heart to move your sleeping, belly up, legs reaching for the ceiling, BC, (who is on his side of the bed, plastered against you).... and sleeps in the guest room!!!

9. Your concept of superman has changed since your BC can...leap (the height of) tall

buildings in a single bound & really is faster than a speeding bullet...is it a bird? is it a plane??? N O .... It's a Border Collie!

And of course ALL of everyone's else's above.

WOW....what amazing dogs these Border Collies

:rolleyes:

You know to never, ever leave the only roll of toilet paper sitting on the floor while you are sitting on the toilet.

Originally posted by Kat's Dogs:

16) You feel guilty when someone asks "how did you teach your dog to do that trick?" because your dog taught herself.

I find myself saying "I didn't do anything, she just does it" a lot.

Why is it that they think that we will disappear into some black hole when we try to use the loo without them?

Briar insists that there is some magic door I might use without her knowledge, no matter how many times I explain to her that THIS is the only way in or out!