BC Boards

Problems with board

I've been having problems since last night with various things such as posting, editing my profile, strange error messages, etc. I noticed last night that DesertRanger lost a post, and someone today mentioned that the PM feature wasn't working. Wonder what's going on? If this isn't the place for this topic, I apologize in advance and Eileen may want to move it to a more appropriate spot.

Yup, something is not working right. This morning I got an error message from the hosting site, that this account had been put on hold. It's been really slow, and sometimes my server tells me it couldn't contact the web address or a server error ... so something is up. I'm sure Eileen will fix it. :)

Yup, something is not working right. This morning I got an error message from the hosting site, that this account had been put on hold. It's been really slow, and sometimes my server tells me it couldn't contact the web address or a server error ... so something is up. I'm sure Eileen will fix it. :rolleyes:

When I saw those, I wondered if a phishing scam had gotten into the system - asking for PayPal account info and so on.

Glad it's fixed.

Yup, something is not working right. This morning I got an error message from the hosting site, that this account had been put on hold. It's been really slow, and sometimes my server tells me it couldn't contact the web address or a server error ... so something is up. I'm sure Eileen will fix it. :D

I got that this morning on the web browser on my phone and thought for a minute that I hadn't paid the cell phone bill this month. :rolleyes:

I just got back on, it's been about an hour and a half that I couldn't get on. No boards make me sad :rolleyes:

OK, this is getting nuts :D for the last 2 hours I haven't been able to get in, and I am getting this error (last time twice on the same page :rolleyes: )

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Yes, we've been having problems for the last 24 hours, maybe more. We are working with the web host to get them fixed, and if it's not all good now it should be by tomorrow morning. No phishing issues at least, despite what the automated announcement might have suggested. Basically, this happens when we exceed our monthly bandwidth allotment. The web host thinks that our traffic warrants going to a semi-dedicated server, which would increase our costs significantly, but we have been skating by without doing that for quite a while with only very occasional problems. There are some other things I can do to keep this from happening again, and I will be doing them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes, we've been having problems for the last 24 hours, maybe more. We are working with the web host to get them fixed, and if it's not all good now it should be by tomorrow morning. No phishing issues at least, despite what the automated announcement might have suggested. Basically, this happens when we exceed our monthly bandwidth allotment. The web host thinks that our traffic warrants going to a semi-dedicated server, which would increase our costs significantly, but we have been skating by without doing that for quite a while with only very occasional problems. There are some other things I can do to keep this from happening again, and I will be doing them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Eileen, I am a relatively new member, and I must say that I LOVE these Boards, and I appreciate all the hard work you must be going through to maintain them.

Kudos to you, and THANKS!

Mary Huber and Travis the Trickless WonderDog

I have not been able to get on for two days. No big deal except it was driving me crazy that I could not get information on Jin. I am relieved to find this morning that Jin is home. Amazing how powerful our attachment to our dogs is. I don't know Jin or Jin's person but I felt for them.