BC Boards

Feeling Blue...

Guess Ouzo had the blues this afternoon. So he stole my lil "Blue Day Book" that I received from my employees when I moved from MS to CO last year. Since we're still working on ABC's, he decided to just taste the book

04daf3b4.jpg

7b353184.jpg

EDIT Shoot, I didn't realize I posted it in the General Discussion board. Oops!

LOL! There's a reason why I take most of my advice and comfort from rock musicians; C.D.s really do taste bad (at least she's never tried one, fingers crossed).

Those pics are incredibly cute :rolleyes: . I think Ouzo would like to move in with us! There are books lying all over the place. And lots of other stuff too. He'd have a blast!

The month after we got him I was reading a book called "Centennial", by James Michener, about the history of Colorado. Well, it's a 500 pg book, it's true, but if I was making good progrees until Ouzo joined our family. Once he was old and tall enough to climb on the bed (my favorite reading place), things changed. Pieces of certain pages were missing (I still don't know how certain chapters ended :D ), the book covers had to be taped at least twice, plus I absolutly couldn't concentrate to reading it since the lil' one was literaly jumping on me. And who can refuse a lil' 3 months old pup who wants to play? I finaly managed to finish the book, but I learned a good lesson: cannot read anything if Ouzo is in the bedroom and wants to play.

I had similar experiences with my Guinea Pig, Ozzy, who adored to nimble at any pages I was flipping. My fault for trying to read and hold the fluffy G.P. on my chest at the same time :rolleyes:

Hmmm - well I'm not sure what my guys are telling me when they steal and eat cakes of soap any chance they get! Fergus does like tearing up paper, and he has demolished a few record covers (does anyone else remember vinyl records?)

Love those photos, BTW.

Does anyone remember where that great photo was of a Border Collie reading or being read to from Bruce Fogt's Lessons from a stockdog?

Oh thanks, smileyzookie. That's one of the ones I was thinking of. So the other one (which might even have been in the Working Border Collie magazine) was the one with someone reading to the dogs. (I'd muddled the two photos.)

MeanMrMustard, your "lil' man" is such a darling in that picture! It's obvious he realizes he's been caught in the act "What? Me, eating the newspaper? Nooo.... the cat came and placed it under my paws. I tried to warn you, but you didn't hear me...."

I get that look very often :rolleyes: Like yesterday when I heard some plastic bags being ruffled, and when I came in the livingroom, he had the most innocent look on his face, but a piece of plastic bag was hanging from his mouth and when I tried to move him away from where he was sitting, one leg was deep inside the bag

"Nooo, it wasn't me!" - Always reminds me of the Shaggy song :D

C.D.s really do taste bad (at least she's never tried one, fingers crossed).

Ha! Dublin must have bad taste then! :D Last night I heard him crunching away and looked over to find him happily snacking on a Christmas cd - I have no idea where he dug that one up from (I still think he has secret stashes of "treasures" throughout the house.) Maybe he was hoping for colder weather?

We started a new book called "How to go lie down in your crate"
LOL! Dublin wants to know how that one ends - maybe we can borrow it when you are done with it! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kitch:

[QB]Ha! Dublin must have bad taste then!

Well, if he eats Christmas CDs, then I think he does! :rolleyes: (unless he was trying to secretly get rid of the offending object during the season when you're least likely to notice its absence).

When I was at dog park Sunday a woman used a CD case to hit her dog on snout after he ran off, instead of getting in car.
Yikey. Did she just happen to be holding it and lost her temper, or did she go looking around in the car for something to hit the dog with? For some reason the second scenario p*sses me off a whole lot more.

My female Geaugeau(gogo) seems to be able to sniff anything made of paper. I have to keep the newpaper on the fridge so she doesn't eat it before I read it; all mail, etc., goes on top of puter; all trash containers are up on desks, dressers, counters. She still finds things that I lost before I ever got her. The male Traveler, is more discriminating--he just eats feces: his, hers, sheep, goat, cow, chicken. So now, he is also eating Forbid.

Actually, I think I like dogs better than children; well, in SOME ways. When they misbehave, a stern word usually works; no whining, tears, pouting. They also go to bed when I tell them to with no back-talk.