BC Boards

Spaying Question

Guest amylobdell24

Basic spay price in Austin is about $130 - $160 depending on the size of the dog. Add in bloodwork, fluids, additional pain meds, etc and you're looking at more like $250 - $280.

Yuck on the prices!

Our vet in both my town and one very close charges no more than $150 for spay/neuter. We actually chose the one out of town which was... let me see... $75 for the neuter on Just About, though not including Heartworm testing. I think our final total was about $150.

But of course, I live in a very tiny TOWN, not CITY. We have under 20,000 people where I live.

Good luck finding a good deal!

Wow. I love my vet! 40 for male dogs, 55 for female, 45 male cats and 65 female cats. I love my vet!! I've been going to him for nearly ten years with a variety of animals (Mine, my nephew's, my mothers, my boyfriends, etc) and have had the most wonderful experiences--even when my older cat sluffed out her intestine!

I just checked with my vet (the cheaper one) and they want $197 for a spay. The low-cost, non-needs-based spay programs around here are $100, give or take a few.

When I needed to neuter Moses the cat, the vet wanted around $100. I got him done at the lower cost vet for around $50, including pain meds.

J.

I live in Florida, but in my county you can take

your dog to the Humane society or Animal control and it cost 15.00 for a male 25.oo for a female.

Includes a rabies shot. I took both my girls and they did great I told our vet what I was doing the cost was just to good to pass up. I was in Petco the other day getting kongs and they have vaccines 7 in one with heartworm test for 62.00

I may do that next time also.

Well my old vet here spayed Riven last year for free but the humane society gets free spayes with dogs adopted before they're fixed. But, I read the bill and it looked like it would have cost $45 to fix her.

I looked into fixing Rohan (male cat) at the new vet we're goin to. It came out to $120, and that includes bloodwork ahead of time and kidney screening.

I had her spayed on the 7th paid 450 and that included microhipping. shes doing great was real sluggish and sore the first day , and yesterday upuntill about 11pm she was slow and then she got all her energy back. Now I feel so bad because all she wants to do is run and play and I cant let her.