BC Boards

MOTEL 6 DISCOUNT

Barb Scott

I think I can give them a pass on this.. first of all I've never had a bad Motel 6 experience and I frequent them whenever I can if I have dogs. Secondly, they are almost without fail the cheapest hotel around and they are extremely dog friendly. I'm really sorry they don't have one in Buckeye, AZ for the dog trial this weekend because now I have to pay nearly double the price!

You can seriously claim any discount pretty much. I've not had my AAA card with me when traveling and just said, I'm AAA and they are like, OK and give me the price I saw on the internet.

Speaking of which, you can even just say, I saw X rate on the internet, can I get that please? And most times they will.

Anyway, I own an AKC registered dog - my Chinese Crested. So I guess I get the discount! :rolleyes:

If I'm planning a trip, I generally book online and take advantage of any discounts available that way, and they're often better than, or at least comparable to, what you can get with Triple A or whatever. I wouldn't claim my dogs are AKC registered just to get the discount, but if I could get the discount on top of any other discounts I already got, I might simply inquire if I could have the discount too, since my dogs are registered, just not with the AKC. I've only ever stayed in a Motel 6 when traveling across S. Dakota on my way back from the finals, but it was pretty nice and certainly dog friendly. I usually opt for Red Roof Inn because they also have good prices and have always been very accommodating of me and my numerous dogs.

J.

I like Red Roof, also - they are very dog-friendly and nice quality for the price.

We took Celt and Megan with us from WV to Idaho and back again when we moved Laura back home after graduation. We had no problems finding dog-friendly accomodations, the dogs travelled wonderfully, and we had a terrific trip.

I would never claim AKC registration but would have no hesitation getting a discount by saying that my dogs are "registered". Well, if I needed to - we are AAA and that usually gets us as good a discount as anything.

I have to stay at a Motel 6 for an upcoming horse show. I'd checked the rates online before, then saw the blurb for the AKC discount. When I made my reservations online, I just plugged in that number and got the discount. No fuss, no muss.

Anyway I can save a buck, I'm all over it.

Dana