BC Boards

Poop! Setback

I'll keep this short. Sienna(1yr 8mo) has started going in the house again. The same spot most times, luckily on wood floors. She never does this with me or in my room, only during the day when my roommate is working at home. I'm outside frequently so she usually just goes when she needs to. And I know this may be bad. My roommate also says she's outside plenty during the day. Any tips on how to house train a "house trained" dog? grrrr....

What are you using to clean up accidents? If you're not using an enzymatic cleaner specifically for pet stains, she's probably going in the same spot since it smells like prior accidents.

I have don't think that stuff works. I have used those enzymatic cleaners. and even steam cleaned the entire place with them... on TOP of having a carpet cleaners come in after my room mate and her peeing and pooing dog stained up my hallway. they STILL if I look away for a brief minute will sneak over there and pee or poo. and when they do I clean it up with the Enzymatic cleaners... and AGAIN have steam cleaned the carpets with it after I brought in pete... no good... Remember Shelby and Pete are Potty trained... until I look away. but when I am there they won't go

If the dog is/was crate trained, back to the crate! Crate them when you're not home, or too busy to keep an eye on them.

Rune had a bit of a relapse out of nowhere a few weeks ago. For the next week she went into her crate at night, and any time I left the house. I just started letting her out again las week, and no more accidents.

Boy does this thread make me feel better. Sigh.

We picked up our recycling can at the mailboxes above the house and stuffed it in the back window of the Explorer last night. I was in the shotgun seat and Meg was asleep on the back seat. She woke and bolted out and started barking up a storm, running all over the nearby properties acting like an idiot. The only way we got her to come to us finally was by bribing her to play with her squirrel. I taught her 'take it' and 'tug'. It comes in handy when you need to get your hands around her little 'neck'. Did I say that????

Later she had a pee accident on our recently re-enzyme-steamed carpet in the office next to DH while he was on the computer and I was asleep downstairs.

While we were asleep she got back up and pulled a stick of butter off the counter and downed a quater box of 'Dots' that we had left out.

Meg is in doggie daycare today. I really no longer have even the slightest regret that I didn't have children.