BC Boards

Fade's first week

We got Fade form the Helen Woodward Shelter. He was happy to get out of there but hesitant to get in my truck . I thought it to be normal but now he will not go anywhere near my truck or anywhere near leaving the front of the house. Thank god we have a large lot because he loves it out there. He runs , plays, chases balls, sticks, plays tag , jumps in the pool , acutally any water he is attracted to . Watches all the crows and other birds flying over the property. He loves being inside with all of us has been housebroken and has been quick to learn basic commands like , sit , down , come , staybut as soon as I try to get him out to the front for a walk he plops down and refuses to go anywhere near the outside in front of the house. Somehow my son has got him on the hikig trails and down to a dog park for interaction with other dogs. Unless I carry him out he will not go I don't like carrying him but have chosen to daily try to encourage him to come out front. Do you guys have any suggestions. I don't know his history , maybe he had an invisible fence collar once or some other thing. Thanks

If that's an Aussie, I'm a Martian. She may have lost her tail in an accident, or they may have cut it on purpose.

Hello, I agree I think that he believes that if he leaves the home that he will never come back . I think Daisy is very cute . How old is she? Here are some of Fade's new pics. All taken with my phone so really bad quality. We are a family of 6 Barb Scott. We put twelve names in a hat each kid putting in a name and my wife and I putting in our choices. I had a lot of Celtic names in mind like Samhain meaning November in Celtic and y wife lliked Doonie celtic for the spirit of the natural places guide to the lost. Fade was another one of mine coming from a Fantasy book by Robert Jordan . He looks like a Fade now.

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID...416/t_=53372416

I love the fact that Halloween is Samhain. Ok, it's pronounced "sahwin".

Since all 3 of my adult kids are pagan (and I'm a pantheistic Episcopalian), I send appropriate cards for holidays.

One year, for Samhain, I made construction paper cards with a copy of a photo from my high school year book on the front. The photo was of our class vice president and a friend of mine: Sammy Haines.

So I could never name a pet that. I'd keep seeing Sammy whenever I spoke the name.

It sounds like Fade is starting to explore the outside world a bit. If you're patient with him, and make it fun, I'm betting his confidence with walks and trips will grow and grow.

I think Daisy is about 3 years old, plus or minus a bit. She absolutely loves to play with people, but she's not as playful with other dogs as she was two years ago when we got her at 1 or 1.5 yrs.