BC Boards

Can you make sense of it?

jdarling

I know - said I was done. This is where I was trying to add my post

-Why are there so many weird/phobic/neurotic/mentally out of control dogs…. Lately I have seen a tremendous increase in the "crazy" (not literally but) Border Collie posts here on the boards. Why? Is it because there are so many new members? Bad dogs? What? I have stayed away more or less recently as I don't have the patience of Julie P, Lenajo, Robin, RDM, etc....

You are all probably correct. I had been also reading the "breeding" blog ... which I cannot even find today. On that blog I was surprised how heated things got. I probably also took some of it a little to personally - like my dog wasn't good enough. As I said - he is a big chicken-- don't think he would herd anything bigger than a rabbit. The most important trait to admire in a BC he does not have. He probably is a puppy mill dog - but he is special to me.

Again- probably took Journey's statement above to personally. I asked the question (My border collie eats palm trees) . I got back that I wouldn't leave my dog outside. Yes that is probably reasonable but I feel that access outside is an added benefit for my dog since I am home. I thought on that posting Journey's suggestion was particularly helpful. I really do appreciate it, but when she posted the above Why are there so many weird etc I thought she was talking to me.

Again - I apologize for wasting your time for having to respond to someone who got her nose out of joint. I will "lurk" around. Thanks

Hey, Cody and Duchess. I'm still confused, but at least wanted to point out that the "Why?" thread from which you took that first quote, was started January 31, 2008. She couldn't have been talking about YOU, you weren't posting here back then!

As for the "Breeding" thread, I'm afraid you're looking for slights against your dog where there were none intended. There are many posters here who don't work stock with their dogs. Who have rescue dogs (myself included). Nobody here has anything against either. Nobody believes you have to work stock to be a good owner or have a good dog. That thread was about BREEDING. We believe that border collies should only be BRED for working ability, that doesn't make you or your rescue dog a second class citizen. We would only have an issue if you came here saying you wanted to BREED him.

I hope you can get a better understanding for how the board works, because I think you misunderstood some things or took things personally. I don't really get it, but I hope you stick around.