BC Boards

Who is hoping/planning on competing at 2009 Finals?

Sue R

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need home states for all who don't have it posted here on their info under their avatar, please, and also last names (or at least initials, if you'd rather). Here's what we are looking at now (which won't be finalized for a day or two so email me if you need a change):

Sheepdog Finals - Diane Pagel and Nan are sponsored by Karen Rabbitt (TN); Joan Shelton (It's a Dog's Lyfe, TN); Terry Murray (VA); Cindy Evans (GA); and Carolyn Crocker (CA). Diane and Tess (or Lucy, depending on who goes) will be sponsored by Janeen Hair (Bimmers Border Collie Rescue, VA); Lisa Rayburn (NC); Joan McGrath (NY); Laura Hanley (KY); and Sue Rayburn (WV). The third team (still looking for someone who would like us as sponsors) would be sponsored by Terry Murray (VA), Usher (ID), Ben Kercmar (Northfield Farm, WA), Walt Feasel (VA), and the next person who offers.

Cattledog Finals - Anna Guthrie and Tikkle will be sponsored by Nicole Rhodes' Stockdog Journal; Anna and Riddle will be sponsored by Diane Pagel (WA); Karen Rabbitt (TN); Donna Kulawiak (LA); Danielle Shank (CA); and Sharon J (CA). Lana Rowley and Nell or Kell will be sponsored by Joan Shelton (It's a Dog's Lyfe, TN), Cindy Evans (GA), Walt Feasel (VA), Lisa Rayburn (NC), and Sue Rayburn (WV).

If we get more folks who'd like to be sponsored and more sponsors (I hope), we will add to the list. Just let me know if I have your name or info wrong or if I got the handler/dog team wrong for you and I will get it fixed.

Thank you all!

Sheepdog Finals - Diane Pagel and Nan are sponsored by Karen (need last name and state); Joan (can't remember if it's C or S for last name, grooming business name, TN); Terry Murray (NC); Cindy Evans (need state); and Carolyn Crocker (CA?). Diane and Tess (or Lucy, depending on who goes) will be sponsored by Janeen Hair (Bimmers Border Collie Rescue, VA); Lisa Rayburn (NC); Joan (need last name, LI, NY); Laura Hanley (KY); and Sue Rayburn (WV).

Cattledog Finals - Anna Guthrie and Tikkle will be sponsored by Nicole Rhodes' Stockdog Journal; Anna and Riddle will be sponsored by Diane Pagel (WA); Karen (last name and state); Donna (last name, LA); Danielle (last name, CA?); and SLUJ (name, CA?). Lana Rowley and Nell or Kell will be sponsored by Joan (last name, business, TN), Cindy Evans (need state), Walt Feasel (VA or MD?), Lisa Rayburn (NC), and Sue Rayburn (WV).

Sue, My last name is now Shelton. Was Cox but I've gone back to my maiden name. My business name is "It's A Dog's Lyfe"

I need home states for all who don't have it posted here on their info under their avatar, please, and also last names (or at least initials, if you'd rather). Here's what we are looking at now (which won't be finalized for a day or two so email me if you need a change):

... and SLUJ (name, CA?).

Sharon J., CA

it looks like you moved me from Diane and Nan to Anna and Riddle, but if that works best, I don't mind.

Sharon J., CA

it looks like you moved me from Diane and Nan to Anna and Riddle, but if that works best, I don't mind.

I can swap you to Diane and Nan as I'm sure Joan (TN) won't mind. Sorry, it gets complicated and it's been a tiring week...

I'll jump in and give $25 toward a sponsorship.

The sheepdog finals are right after my birthday, and not that far away. If we're not visiting the east coast, I might leave the dogs with Scott & head down to spectate. Maybe volunteer?

ETA: Sue, for the info: Ben Kercsmar, WA, although if you can put in a business name, I'd like that: Northfield Farm.

Thanks!

Thank you, Ben, and I will put in the address and the folks who do the program can put in what they can, and leave out what they can't. Of course they will welcome you as a volunteer!

I am hoping for our third sheepdog to be filled shortly - I have $100 towards it as of this morning so just one more will get it done.

Thanks to all!

Right now, we have two full sheepdog sponsorships and one that only lacks one $25 contribution - which we will get if I have to add it myself. We also, counting Nicole's sponsorship, have three for cattledog. The updated sponsorship listings are in my previous email above.

The cattledogs are leading by just a nose so it's a tight race, and we still have time to add more if anyone is willing and able.

Thanks to all who have made commitments here and through email!

Just to keep you up to date, I have received checks from Terry Murray, Cindy Evans, Walt Feasel, Sharon Jue, Ben Kercsmar, and Karen Rabbitt.

Just one more $25 donation and we will have three sheepdog sponsorships and three cattledog sponsorships (including Nicole's).

Thank you all!

If you don't mind sending it to me, that way I can get them together for the sponsorships. But, if you'd rather, send it directly to Carol with a note about being part of the group. I have not received a reply to my email to her so I haven't gotten answers to my questions about the sponsorships. I am sure she is very busy.

I do need to know if anyone else is choosing to send their check directly to Carol (for cattledog finals) rather than to me, so I am not waiting on it and so that I make out my checks correctly. The same for sending directly to Klamath Basin Stockdog Assn, Inc., (for sheepdog finals), or if you are choosing PayPal for that.

Last year, everyone sent their checks to me (made out to me, and thank you for being trusting) and I made out composite checks that I sent with each sponsorship's information. If you aren't comfy with that, just do what you feel best and make sure to make a note on the check so the receiving group knows who it is for.

That would be wonderful, Christine, but we will have to come up with the rest to finish that sponsorship. If others would like to chip in, and let me know shortly, we would surely like to sponsor them.

We are still looking for someone who would enjoy being the recipient of our third sheepdog sponsorship so, if you know anyone (including yourself) who might enjoy the support from folks here, please let me know.

Thank you!

Thanks, Diane, for posting that. I have not had any response from it but that's okay.

I did get your check yesterday, and also Dianne's replacement check (for the one that the post office machine ate).

Thanks Sue- I rarely write checks and wouldn't you know it- the machine ate it. Glad to help- Good luck ev1- someday...... yea, right- LOL. You guys do it for me. I'll live in YOUR shoes........or boots....

I've received Danielle's check, one is on the way, I am getting Lisa's shortly, and one is still iced in in KY. So I am going to make out forms and checks to send in the sponsorships in Monday's mail. I will deposit the checks I've received then also.

I have two $25 offers towards a fourth sheepdog sponsorship but, if I don't get three more, I don't think that one will happen. I can't afford to pick up the other three myself right now. Please let me know if you are interested in joining the group sponsorship for this one or being sponsored by it.

Thanks to all!

We have raised three sheepdog sponsorships but only have two handler/dog teams that have expressed an interest in being sponsored. I do need to deposit checks and send in sponsorships so, if anyone has a "nominee", please let me know asap. I think we would particularly like to sponsor someone who is active on these boards, if possible. Otherwise, we will get someone at random who does not have a sponsor.

I am depositing the checks and sending in the money and paperwork. One last time, this is what I have lined up, hopefully fulfilling all expressed wishes for who you are sponsoring (if you've stated a preference).

Cattledog Finals -

Anna Guthrie and Tikkle - sponsored by Nicole's Stockdog Journal (Nicole is taking care of this one directly)

Anna Guthrie and Riddle - Diane Pagel, Karen Rabbitt, Donna Kulawiak, Danielle Shank, and Sharon Jue

Lana Rowley and Nell or Kell - Joan Shelton, Cindy Evans, Walt Feasel, Lisa Rayburn, and Sue Rayburn

Sheepdog Finals -

Diane Pagel and Tess - Janeen Hair, Lisa Rayburn, Joan McGrath, Laura Hanley, and Sue Rayburn

Diane Pagel and Nan - Karen Rabbitt, Joan Shelton, Terry Murray, Cindy Evans, and Carolyn Crocker

? - Terry Murray, Usher, Ben Kercsmar, Walt Feasel, and Sue Rayburn

Did I leave anyone out? Please let me know if I did.

Please check out the sponsor webpages for both the 2009 Sheepdog Finals and 2009 Cattledog Finals to see our sponsorships listed.

We are in the process of "alloting" the last sheepdog sponsorship to a worthy team, and I hope all are happy with the choices made, and the handlers and dogs supported.

Thank you all again!