BC Boards

Who is hoping/planning on competing at 2009 Finals?

Sue R

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine with me. We will raise at least one for the cattledogs, and I'm hoping for more.

So far, I am seeing two sheepdog sponsorships and we will fill the one cattledog sponsorship, plus your matching - for a total of four sponsorships pledged already.

I'm really pleased and I hope this snowballs into good support for both Finals. I'll be sending out some emails to friends to try and drum up more support.

Thank you all!

Thanks, Joan! I knew I could count on you. Last time, they listed the names of the people sharing a group sponsorship and, since we were from various states, listed us as from "US". What they can list you as will depend on space and, once I have a better idea of how many contributors there are and how many sponsorships we can give, I can ask what we can have in the program.

I lack just one for the first cattledog sponsorship, and have eight $25 contributions for sheepdog, so need two more for two sponsorships. Nicole's magazine, "Stockdog Journal", will contribute one sponsorship towards the cattledog final once we have a full sponsorship - which we will have shortly.

Anet and her NC group may be looking at doing an ad rather than a sponsorship, so I may have spoken too soon on having that one in the bag. However, I am sure we can come up with more contributors and help make the Finals (cattledog and sheepdog) successes.

Thank you, Cindy, and I sent a reply to your email.

Thank you also, Carolyn, for being part of our group!

Diane - I will figure out who is "on your team" and let you know the names.

Everyone - Please let me know which you want to sponsor, sheepdog, cattledog, or either (or both) when you make your commitment (as most of you have already done).

Right now, I have myself, Karen, Diane, Cindy, Walt, and Joan down for cattledog so, Nicole, we have enough for that matching sponsorship (and we are starting on #2) - thanks, guys!!!

I have myself, Donna, Sluj (sorry, I don't have your name), Karen (again), Joan (again), Terry, Terry (twice), Cindy, Carolyn, and Janeen for two sheepdog sponsorships.

Let's keep the ball rolling and (shameless plug) ask your friends if they would like to be a part of supporting the working Border Collie by supporting the National Finals. Thank you all so very much!

As one of the hosts for the 2009 Sheepdog Finals we thank you for all your help. It is an expensive event to put on and given the current business economy, we will be relying more this time on dog sponsorships, benefit trials and trial and club donations. As we receive dog sponsorships, we are posting them on the website and who they are sponsoring so if you want to see who is still available, just go to www.nationalsheepdogfinals.com and click on Sponsors.

Thanks again

Geri Byrne

Amy Coapman

Lana Rowley

Lora Withnell

Ellen Skillings

Michele and Haley Howard

2009 National Sheepdog Finals Host Committee

I, too, want to add to Geri's post with a HUGE thank you for the support. As somebody volunteering on the Sheepdog Finals Host Committee......it is so inspiring to watch the enthusiasm for showing support to the "local" (as in BC boards) handlers. Thanks again....without YOU the job of hosting the finals would be much more work and way less fun!

Remember...if you want to come and help....as Doc Holliday said in Wyatt Earp.... "I'm your huckleberry!"

Check out the web site at http://www.nationalsheepdogfinals.com/index.htm

Lora

Diane - You said you wanted to help sponsor Anna, and her entries are in the Cattledog Finals, if I understand correctly. That is why I had you listed with the cattledog donations.

If you would rather put your money towards the Sheepdog Finals, we can do that. Just let me know.

Thanks to all!

Sue

Thank you, Cindy, and I sent a reply to your email.

Thank you also, Carolyn, for being part of our group!

Diane - I will figure out who is "on your team" and let you know the names.

Everyone - Please let me know which you want to sponsor, sheepdog, cattledog, or either (or both) when you make your commitment (as most of you have already done).

Right now, I have myself, Karen, Diane, Cindy, Walt, and Joan down for cattledog so, Nicole, we have enough for that matching sponsorship (and we are starting on #2) - thanks, guys!!!

I have myself, Donna, Sluj (sorry, I don't have your name), Karen (again), Joan (again), Terry, Terry (twice), Cindy, Carolyn, and Janeen for two sheepdog sponsorships.

Let's keep the ball rolling and (shameless plug) ask your friends if they would like to be a part of supporting the working Border Collie by supporting the National Finals. Thank you all so very much!

Did you get Donna and I on that list for the Cowdog sponsors for Anna? We're 25 each :rolleyes:

Nicole - Since this will be a business expense for your magazine, I would suggest that you send your check directly to

Carol Gifford, 3752 Hwy 88 West, Harrisburg NE 69345 (phone 308-436-4930), and make it out to the 2009 National Cattledog Finals Committee.

This is the information I have gotten off the website. I did email her yesterday to try and make sure about how to make out a check, etc., but she has not yet replied.

A dog sponsorship at the Cattledog Finals gets a listing on the sponsors webpage as well as a business card sized ad in the program. So, even if we are not listed on the website as sponsoring a particular handler/dog team at the Cattledog Finals (I haven't heard back yet about that), the ad can include wishes for the handler/dog team that each sponsorship is supporting. And, that gives us a little more flexibility on what we can say, our names and locations, etc., plus be a plug for your magazine, Nicole.

Since Anna is the only one I am aware of going to Cattledog Finals who has expressed an interest in this, and since she is such a valued member of and contributor to these boards, I hope that we are able to sponsor her and all her dogs - Nicole will sponsor Tikkle (that's got to be the best name ever); a group of us will sponsor Riddle (the grand old lady); and another group will sponsor the youngster. I have enough for two full sponsorships and Nicole is donating the third, so we've made that goal to totally sponsor Anna and her three dogs.

For Sheepdog Finals, you can choose handler/dog team and that will include a listing both on the webpage and in the program, showing the names and locations of sponsors for each team. Last year, due to space limitations, each of our group sponsorships listed the names in each group and identified us as from "US", which is fine by me and I didn't think offended anyone else.

We are ready to sponsor Diane and hope to have at least another one or two who would like sponsorship. I think all of us admire Diane but perhaps those who are special friends of hers who have offered to sponsor, could be the ones to be her sponsors. Maybe those could PM or email me their wishes on that.

You're not going to run two dogs, are you, Diane? If no one else expresses interest in being sponsored, we can either pick someone that is not objectionable to the group, or we just might have to double-dip Diane!

The count right now is that we have 10 $25 contributions towards Sheepdog Finals sponsorships (two full sponsorships), and 10 $25 contributions towards Cattledog Finals (two full sponsorships), plus Nicole's $125 contribution towards another cattledog sponsorship. Several folks who are able to do so have chosen to make a contribution to both so that has been extra helpful.

So, folks, the cattledog side is ahead of the sheepdog side - are you sheepdog folks going to take that without pulling out your checkbook and voting with your wallet?

Thanks to all!!!

You guys are totally COOL! But just to calrify--I am only running 2 dogs, but 3 runs--Tikkle (who got her name from the wonderful list tick-L, as her mother had a TBD during the latter part of her pregnancy) is running in both Open and Nursery. So it sounds like we're covered. I am trying to think of who else would be going...I would assume Lana is, but I don't know for sure,

A

ETA: And of course, Tikkle always wears a pink collar, as she's tikkled pink :rolleyes:

I remembered that I had a PM from her and so sent her a reply asking about if she has an entry in the cattledog finals. If she does, I would enjoy sponsoring her, and I'm sure no one would object.

Thanks for the info, Geri.

Thanks Sue for starting such great support as you did for Sturgis too! For the cattle finals I am running one open dog Kell, and one nursery dog Nell. My better half Martin has an open dog as well...Duster. I also plan to run Kell and maybe the old man Blue in the sheep finals.

Amy C and i are in Denver for the stock show and it was 72 deg when we pulled in! E Baker and Geri arrive in a few days and i bet they bring that cold State of Jeff weather with them.... If Lora W was coming it would be rain :D

I was planning on starting a new thread with our many all girl adventures on the big city road trip :rolleyes:

Lana

Thanks Sue for starting such great support as you did for Sturgis too! For the cattle finals I am running one open dog Kell, and one nursery dog Nell. My better half Martin has an open dog as well...Duster. I also plan to run Kell and maybe the old man Blue in the sheep finals.

Amy C and i are in Denver for the stock show and it was 72 deg when we pulled in! E Baker and Geri arrive in a few days and i bet they bring that cold State of Jeff weather with them.... If Lora W was coming it would be rain :D

I was planning on starting a new thread with our many all girl adventures on the big city road trip :rolleyes:

Lana

I'm afraid to report that it's supposed to be cold and rainy on Friday into Saturday morning...exactly when you'll be competing...

I also plan to run the old bat, er, I mean the seasoned veteran Tess...she has 5 points right now and we hope to get more......and I will also try to qualify, Lucy, her granddaughter so if Tess doesn't make it for some reason, then Lucy will fill in her shoes. All of you folks are my special friends by the way!!

I think if your handler or handler's dog doesn't make it, then you can pick another team

Nan sends you tons of kisses for sponsoring her.....I would but I have cooties right now (flu)

XXXXXOOOOXXXXX ---from Nan

Thanks

Diane