BC Boards

Anyone Remeber This Girl?

Katelynn & Gang

A while back there was this huge thing about the young girl who was trying to get rescues to breed them and so on so on. If I remember correctly her "father" got on to write on the boards that she wasn't breeding, blah blah blah.

Well here you go! :rolleyes:

http://lookoutvalleyfarms.com/

So, why do idiot parents let their kids have 5 or more intact dogs to make a business producing badly bred puppies that will just later die in shelters? Is this the new "we can afford college" movement or what? I am steamed.

Katelynn

If I recall correctly, the websites she set up in the past were mostly representative of this kid's fantasies - not based in reality. Right now, there are no pups shown on the site, and no past litters mentioned. I'm hoping the situation is the same as before. The site has that same "feel" to it. Also, there are miscellaneous other websites you come to if you Google "Lookout Valley Farms," and they seem to represent a myriad of interests: agility, flyball, pet photography, etc.. All of them seem to be "playsites" more than anything based in reality.

It worries me again that the kid posts phone numbers on the Internet, which could draw trouble to herself and her family. She's pretty young. But I think it's more about wish fulfillment than it is about any kind of real business.

Mary

Yes, I discovered this site when the young woman was trying to sell one of her dogs on Nashville's Craigslist several months ago. Like Mary, I hope it is just one more component of her fantasy life; I don't know, though, how seriously to take this information from the Planned Litters section of the site:

We have one litter planned out of Lyrik for this year. She will be bred when she comes into heat.

I certainly hope that's just another example of her vivid imagination, not her real plans.

I sure hope she doesn't breed. Look where her dogs come from.

Yikes. Isn't that the outrageously awful puppy-miller y'all are always talking about? He Who Must Only Be Named with ***s?

I think it's mostly all in the little girl's imagination. Which is where is ought to stay till she's old enough to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Yikes. Isn't that the outrageously awful puppy-miller y'all are always talking about? He Who Must Only Be Named with ***s?

I think it's mostly all in the little girl's imagination. Which is where is ought to stay till she's old enough to separate the wheat from the chaff.

And She Who Must Not Be Named with an M.

Well, sad to say, if she is breeding, then she can join at least one person on this board who breeds dogs from one of these mentioned backgrounds. Surprising what you would have never guessed that is very disillusioning...

Well, sad to say, if she is breeding, then she can join at least one person on this board who breeds dogs from one of these mentioned backgrounds. Surprising what you would have never guessed that is very disillusioning...

Care to out her? :rolleyes: Inquiring minds do want to know, after all.

Yes, really. And I will not "out" her. Anyone who chooses to get a pup from her can see what the bloodlines are. It is another example that when you don't know someone, when you only see one facet of someone (as on a message board or forum), and when someone can simply present the persona that suits the situation, that you may not have a very good idea of what that person is like or does at all.

Anyway, it was a shock when I found out about her breeding practices (which information I have verified from her own website that I did not realize existed, as I had no idea she was breeding her dogs). I have always liked, respected, and admired her but this has certainly negatively colored my perceptions of her as a supporter of the working Border Collie.

From what I've heard she's begging her father to let her have (yet another) border collie puppy (from yet another subpar breeder) at the moment, which makes me wonder whether she's really planning on breeding her dog-- seems like she would just wait and keep one of her "own" puppies instead of shelling out $650.

This is her, too: Team Museik

I think I've exchanged emails with this person, there are alot of similarities at least...there was a dog listed on craigslist Atlanta, but the poster was in Tenn...I was interested in the dog, but she wanted $400, so I passed...the owner was a teenage girl, said her dad was making her get rid of one of the dogs b/c she had too many....

ETA: this is definitely the same person, after looking at the second website, the name is the same.

there was a dog listed on craigslist Atlanta, but the poster was in Tenn...I was interested in the dog, but she wanted $400, so I passed

Yes, this sounds like the same ad that I also replied to. I know it was making the rounds on Craigslist in Nashville, Chattanooga, and Knoxville, so it wouldn't surprise me if she also posted it to Atlanta's CL.