BC Boards

Need a name

I almost never like the names that shelters give the dogs that I get. Yet, the bf and I can almost never agree on a new name for a foster dog and so we often end up keeping the crappy shelter name because we can't agree on the new name. I refuse to let that happen this time. We picked up a new foster dog this past Monday. Her shelter name is Jewel (yuck!). She's tomboy, not a prom queen. I wanted to name her Pilot or Fly because she was transported to FL with the help of a couple of volunteer pilots. But, Steve is not crazy about those names, though he's more accepting of Fly than Pilot. So, can anyone suggest a name for this little girl? I don't like girly names, so Queenies or GeeGees (two names suggested by Steve :rolleyes: ) are out.

Here are a few pictures to stimulate your creativity.

Jewel_LA.jpg

Jewel_LA4.jpg

Jewel_LA3.jpg

Jewel_LA2.jpg

She looks like a 'Scout' to me.

Or for something air related maybe Breeze or Gale, Aerial, Ava ?

A friend I had when I was a kid had two cats named Zarin and Talaaz, Turkish for "whirlwind" and "golden". Unfortunately I can't remember which was which, but I always liked those names.

We have a new one on the way and went through the name thing too. LOL

Kayla , Kali ,Tundra , Aurora , Sky

were all possibilities but we finalluy settled on LUNA. The cool thing is that we finally decided the name in early Decmeber and she was born at 3:00 AM on Dec 27th which was 2 days past her "expected " Christmas arrival date and turned out to be the night of a New Moon, So the Birth of the Moon brought Luna into the world!

How 'bout Zephyr, or Jett? But, hey...I was responsible for "Scooter." Everyone was in such a rush to give him a name. Had I thought about it, he would have gotten a nobler title! :rolleyes:

Kayla

I second Kayla. I'm a little partial to it though (check signature, haha) If I ever get a girl dog, she'll have a boys name. My favourites are Conner, Logan or Ryan. Well, my absolute favourite for a girl is Ryan, it just so happens my boyfriend's name is Ryan and it doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon, so I won't be able to use it, haha.

Just give her to me and I'll name her. :rolleyes: Damn, she is cute. She caught my eye the second I saw her on PF. Thank you so much for taking her in.

I like Fly and my friend named her new puppy Jet after having so much trouble getting him flown in. I want to name a girl dog "Scout" some day, but I know you've had a Scout in your rescue before. I also like Bree.

Lemme think and see if anything else comes to mind. How old do you think she is?

I want to name a girl dog "Scout" some day, but I know you've had a Scout in your rescue before.

Me too! I've been saving Scout in case I ever decide to add a female. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books. I was OK with naming the last foster Scout (actually Danielle named him) because he was a male.

I've already had a Jet and Tess, so those are out. We are still small enough that I don't need to recycle names, yet. I like Joey, Flick, Billie, Bobby (my idea), and Fly. But, I think we are leaning towards Skye right now. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm keeping them as ideas for future dogs. Actually, I have an Isis coming this weekend. She'll need a new name, too. Isis just isn't doing it for me. :D

How old do you think she is?

I think she is between 8 and 10 months old.

But, I think we are leaning towards Skye right now. :D

Oh, I missed this suggestion. I love it! One of my favorite dogs on another board is named Skye.

I think she is between 8 and 10 months old.

Oh, that makes her even MORE tempting! :rolleyes: