BC Boards

Birdie update

Birdie is doing better with the hip displacia. We are not running and playing ball as much we walk more.She gets to go to visit residents at the nursing home and they love her and she shows off her tricks!

We are giving her the Glusomine and Condroitin.(ms) Seems to be helping!

Does anyone here give their dog Remidryl? I think that's how it's spelled.

How a wonder Thanksgiving all!!!

Thanks for reading.

Yeah I can post here again!

Sounds like she's doing good for what she has to go through. I'm happy for you and her. God Bless

Rimadyl. We used to give our dog Rimadyl. I believe it is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory. It worked well for a while then he stopped responding to it so we switched to Metacam, another non-stroidal anti-inflammartory and that in addition to a Glucosamine, Chondrotin supplement keeps his severe arthritis and spondyls in his back mostly at bay

Sara (14 yo)has been taking low doses of Rimadyl for over a yr due to spinal arthritis. She takes 50 mg a day. We started w/100 mg daily and reduced it after she built up a theraputic level. Her liver function is checked every 6 mo. and has remained normal. She stopped whining and moves easier than before she was taking this. I also changed her food to EVO as I had read that grain can sometimes aggravate arthritis and she showed dramatic improvement in activity and spirit.

I used Rimadyl too for awhile on my dog until she started having liver probs then the vet told me it could be from that. So we stopped it. She was pretty old by then anyhow and so sickly that shortly after my husband I had her put down. But when we were using it it worked pretty good.