BC Boards

Time to play...

She's got to be MOSTLY BC, if not all...

IMG_0060.jpg

Here is the story. Craigslist ad seen today stated as follows:

This dog is really smart, sweet, potty trained, crate trained, & awesome with kids. We just have a baby and she jumps, but other kids love her and she loves them! She is super energetic, and loves attention and to play ball. She has a crate and an igloo, if you want those you have to give up a little cash :D The vet said she is still a puppy, she is up to date on all shots and in perfect health, she is even microchipped, we love her and hate to do this, but our son is just too young for a dog.

So, I call, seeing if I can recommend rescue. Turns out, the lady who got this dog for their three-year-old son, stated: "Well, when we went to pick her out, she was really hyper, and my son is really hyper, so I thought they would do really well together!" ...I'm not kidding here, people. No adoption fee, they were gonna give her away, didn't want to return her to the shelter for fear she'd be put down. So, after they asked if I knew of any English Bulldog breeders ( :rolleyes: ) I told them to bring their little BC on over, I'd take her.

I didn't want her to end up in some one else's ignorant hands. 'Free' dogs around here end up in laboratories. And...well gosh darnit, she is CUTE, and that GSD puppy I had last week gave me an awful case of puppyitis. LoL.

She's roughly 6-7 months old, rides beautifully in a car, and apart from being a little barky, plays well with others. I will have more to say about her as time goes on...any takers??? :D

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

I plucked this from the post you did re the GSD Christmas puppy:

"But I tell ya...having that little guy around makes me want another puppy...BAD. "

Funny how things happen. :rolleyes:

Just kidding (well, maybe not) but sincerely, you're a good person to do these things.

Hey, I recognize that face! :D I saw the Craigslist ad this afternoon and sent the owner an email with several rescue links and resources but never got a reply.

I'm glad you took the initiative to call and were able to get the poor pup out of that clueless household (hyper dog + hyper kid = fun times for all? :rolleyes: ). She looks like such a sweetheart--what's her name?

Hey, I recognize that face! :D I saw the Craigslist ad this afternoon and sent the owner an email with several rescue links and resources but never got a reply.

I'm glad you took the initiative to call and were able to get the poor pup out of that clueless household (hyper dog + hyper kid = fun times for all? :rolleyes: ). She looks like such a sweetheart--what's her name?

Her name *was* Dixie, but I've taken to calling her 'Fae'.... :D

She is SUCH a very good girl!!! My gods, I love this dog.

She flops down to lay with you, all smiles, any chance she gets. She stays with you in the house...she has such a VIVID curiosity about the world, its infectious. She has already learned to sit, and lay down, on command. She is learning manners when it comes to being a little too interested in the cats, or a bit too over-zealous with the girls. She is so much fun. I just love her to bits.

A friend of mine--the one who was borrowing Rune this past weekend--is interested in taking her on a trial period. She's been looking to get another dog for some time now, and she just moved into a new place with her SO and she has more space. I know her well, we've known one another for years. She'd be a wonderful home. Her SO is on board for getting a BC, especially after meeting Rune. She's coming to meet little Fae tonight, and her SO will prolly be meeting her this weekend.

How I wish I could keep this little bundle of FUN.