BC Boards

My first week of fostering!

Wow! It has been an amazing week! The girls got all primped at their salon appt. and that improved them so much! Both were extremely over weight when I got them. The daughter, now called Missy, actually has a waist line now when you look at her from the top! She loves going out side and running with Skip and Jackson. Even though Jackson is the only one actually running for the toy! Skip is chasing Jackson, and I don't think Missy has figured out what is going on but they run so she does! Mama Lucy was another matter. She was even more over weight than Missy. She would never do more than a slow walk. I started walking her around the circumference of the yard and today, when I took them out of the yard she took off down the hill towards the woods. When she got to the tree line, a good 40yrds., I called her back and she RAN up the hill! I was so excited! Then tonight while playing frizbee with Jackson, she thought she saw a grizzly bear at the far fence line and RAN down to chase it off! I am so proud of her! She is a very pretty dog and when she slims down she will be gorgeous! The girls have settled in quite well. They do fine with the cat and with strangers. No food agression. They are loving and enjoy people attention. Skip and Lucy have finally come to an understanding. Skip doesn't act like an obnoxious brat to her and she don't get snarky with him! LOL With the increased excercise, I think they will be fit and trim in no time. Gonna try to get pics of them tomorrow.

Glad to hear it's all going well! Lucy sure did look enormous in your pics :eek: . It's hard to imagine a BC who won't run! They've got a whole new world to discover. I bet they still pinch themselves from time to time .

That's wonderful news! Isn't it the most wonderful thing to see the way they can blossom so quickly when someone actually cares about them! Sounds like you've done a great job! I'm looking forward to the pictures of the 'new' girls :rolleyes:

I am so happy it is going so well.. your doing a wonderful thing taking care of them. How are they doing with your red dog? I'm sorry I forgot his name... he was a rottiXpit I think? Any hoo, just wanted to say I admire you for helping th eold girls out!

Sara