BC Boards

Unruly dog hair

Rivens hair is the most unruly hair ever. Not only does she constantly shed, but even after I brush her, it looks like she has a major case of bedhead. It looks like I dont take care of her coat lol. Any ideas, on particularly the tail hair and ear hair is appreciated. Or is it just normal for it to be unruly?

This is after brushing!! Look at her ear hair already flipping up into the unknown lol

IM000155.jpg

Black Jack's hair behind his collar and his "buttle" LOL, likes to flip up sometimes too (to the unknown) I just use a slicker brush. But mainly I use a pin brush everyday. I love the pin brush I have, it really works good. You probably already use it but that's all the help I have

Jackson's hair used to lie down so nice. Then when he was about 5mos old I gave him a bath. And when he was dry, his hair on his back was just going every which way! I thought well, it's because I didn't brush him as he dried. Nope. Been that way ever since! I tell him he's part guinea pig!

Jake is the king of unruliness. Even if I brush him, he looks a little "messy," and if I allow him to walk (in other words, live), then in 5 minutes he looks the same as he did before I brushed him. Darn hair! He has straight fur along his sides, but his back is curly, his chest and throat is sort of in between (wavy, I guess, in a nice curvy way), and his tail is frizzy and thick. Not a good combination at all, lol

I use a slicker brush mostly, with any other brush I can get my hands on, lol (usually a comb or pin-brush type)