BC Boards

You know you've done too much Agility training when . . .

We put our Christmas tree up this past Saturday. When I was figuring out how to make it most stable, I put a wooden square - about 3 foot by 3 foot - down on the floor.

Dean, who was watching the whole proceeding with interest, promptly walked over to it and set himself up with his two back paws on the board and two front paws on the carpet. The look on his face was priceless! He was evidently quite pleased with himself!

Scooter isn't interested in the trees..our biggest problem is him walking by with that fluffy wagging tail of his--able to clear off a coffee table of all contents, AND dust in 5 seconds or less! :rolleyes:

I've noticed Maddie and Dean's tails thumping into the tree a lot this year. This tree is tall, skinny, and pretty light. I have a feeling a tail might end up thumping it over!

The board didn't help, so I ended up making "shims" for the base out of paper plates. Those are covered by a piece of fabric, which was mysteriously transported into the middle of the room on one occasion!

I just have a feeling that tree is going over this year!

But Dean has a new contact training board, so I guess there's always some gain!!!

I've noticed Maddie and Dean's tails thumping into the tree a lot this year. This tree is tall, skinny, and pretty light. I have a feeling a tail might end up thumping it over!

The board didn't help, so I ended up making "shims" for the base out of paper plates. Those are covered by a piece of fabric, which was mysteriously transported into the middle of the room on one occasion!

DH wanted to tie something (string, rope?) around the trunk of the tree, run it over to the window behind the tree, open the window, put said string/rope in the windowsill, then close the window.... :D Hmm...don't know about that one. :rolleyes:

When we lived in our coal region house, the ceilings on the main floor were really high. We got this 6+ foot Christmas tree - the only real tree we ever had. It fell over and I ended up tying it to this huge mirror on the wall! It still flopped, but stayed up somewhat! That was before we even had one dog! I can't imagine that fiasco with a dog in the house, much less four!

I can't wait to get a tree, and see what Seek thinks of it. My cats usually drink all the water. Speaking of agility. Seek had her first agility class today and did pretty great, and she completed the chute several times. I was very proud of her. When we got home she passed out. Ha. Good luck to all of you with your trees!

Does it get any easier for the handler? Ha ha. Seek is a million times faster than me, so it's hard to keep up with her. I think she will be great at flyball. She is crazy fast, very impressive!

p.s. Root Beer is a cutie, that pic is a classic bc pose.