BC Boards

Potentially ridiculous question

We used softpaws on Bloomberg (the 23-ish pound) cat ruler of the household. They stayed on about 2-3 weeks...then we'd find one toe or another without its purple cover. Honestly, we quit doing it when DD arrived, as I had other things to spend my time on and it was a two-person operation to apply them. They worked well on a fat cat.

I have old pine floors that looks nice and quaint and rustic, but talk about soft! I also have resigned myself to simply having to redo them before I sell this house. C'est la vie. When the floor guy did my upstairs rooms last summer, he used what he called "gynmasium varnish" instead of whatever the first guy used downstairs. I think it's much tougher. Flip side: the upstairs smelled like a gym all winter, even though I'd aired it out for weeks and weeks during the summer.

The good thing is that once the scratches get kind of evenly spread out, they're not that noticeable. Lots of my friends live in houses where the floors were last refinished in the 40s or 50s. The finish is dull, not at all shiny, but it doesn't look bad with furniture and rugs and such. Muted. :rolleyes:

Mary

Does that Pedi-Paws contraption actually work?

It's the same principle as a dremel but only costs about $25.00 US.

Boy, this is timely. A word of caution if you're going to spend money on anything dremel-type. I purchased the original Peticure, the heavy duty one for $50 and it works well. Yesterday a co-worker told me he bought a $20 knock-off and it doesn't work at all. He has a lab pup and he said the thing doesn't work at all. It stops rotating as soon as he puts it to the nail. The Peticure that I have is AC powered, not battery, and it has an adjustable rpm switch.

It sucks to pay money for something only to have it be a complete waste.

I spent a good portion of me evening filing dog nails last night and they are still clacking around all over the place! And I am really not resigned to refinishing the floors - it's not my condo, and this is not something I want to spend money on. I'll have to figure something out!

RDM

Umm.. to stop Tweed from killing you in your sleep.... send him to me =D Its a perfect plan! He can scratch our floors all he wants! Flawless plan!

You can't have him yet. We are heading off to a trial this morning to see if he can get one of the last two Snookers he needs for his ATCh. Depending on how evil he is today, possibly you can have him this evening ;-)

RDM

I'm thinking those Soft Paws might be what I need to stop the dog from damaging the acrylic tub when I give him a bath. (He rolled in... yum yum... poop AND a dead thing yesterday!) No matter how I lay the tub mats, they always slip and leave a gap, and of course the dog is not really happy to be in there, so he's always scrambling around a bit. Covering the claws might be the perfect solution.

Mary