BC Boards

I have a new addition :)

I've been looking for a puppy for a couple of months now, and I found this girl at animal control a couple counties over...I picked her up this morning. I think she's an aussie, but she could be a mix. She's a three month old red merle female with a docked tail. I named her Scarlett...so far, so good...I find the best dogs at the pound, if I do say so myself :rolleyes: .

This first pic is weird because she looks fully grown...

DSCN1973.jpg

DSCN1981.jpg

DSCN1985.jpg

DSCN1984.jpg

And one from the top showing her coloring...

A pic from the top to show her coloring...

DSCN1986.jpg

DSCN1991.jpg

...I find the best dogs at the pound...

Terrific! Best wishes to you and all your dogs, and thanks for giving this youngster a great home.

A docked tail may mean nothing, as well as the merle markings, as some folks do dock tails on farm dogs. Her ears do not say anything "aussie" and neither really does her face in my opinion.

No matter what, she's very cute and very fortunate!

A docked tail may mean nothing, as well as the merle markings, as some folks do dock tails on farm dogs. Her ears do not say anything "aussie" and neither really does her face in my opinion.

Her ears say "Aussie with uppy ears - oops, put this one in the pound" to me.

Her body, tree trunk legs and super thick curly arse practically smack-you-in-the-face Aussie. I actually see nothing but Aussie in this dog - the big white blaze is super common in red merle Aussies. I don't know why that is though.

She's soooooo cute, it make me rethink my anti-Aussie position (*glances at Tweed*)

Congratulations. Man, I really really want a puppy.

RDM

Back from the vet this morning, the vet said she's closer to six months and looks to be a mini aussie...I know vets are notorious for being wrong about breeds, but I agree on this one. Also in addition to her tail being docked, someone removed her dew claws. My husband did a quick google, and lo and behold, a breeder of mini aussies in the city whos pound she was in....could be a coincidence, but maybe not. Anywho, she has a cold and an ear infection, but we got her all fixed up and came home with several meds...always costs more than I think it will, lol.