BC Boards

DOG QUESTIONS- BC & non BC

WOW-

I hope my computer isn't crashing.

!/ If you put treats through a tube which paw does your dog grab for it?

2. What paw does your dog shake with- without asking

3. Chew toys? which hand first?

4. gently put a blanket over your dogs head, which paw do they remove it with

5. post it- on the center of the nose which paw do they use?

This is a due by Dec 12th. I told my GF I could get more answers on this board and pics, too.

Please help me and her little girl- doesn't matter about the breed- Monkey- please apply.

All pictures will be used in the 3rd grade book and will NOT be reproduced- LOL. But pics will add to

her grade score.

Thank you in advance.

1. Left

2. Left

3. Mouth

4. Mouth

5. Left (how she learned 'uff da' trick)

Needless to say Jade is extremely left-pawed... most likely because I'm extremely right-handed so I taught her everything with my right hand (her left paw)

Here's some pics of Jade being left-pawed... didn't know what size you needed, posted the big size

2990330544_2f675cd98a_b.jpg

2990316274_3185624252_b.jpg

!/ If you put treats through a tube which paw does your dog grab for it? - Right

2. What paw does your dog shake with- without asking - Right

3. Chew toys? which hand first? - Mouth

4. gently put a blanket over your dogs head, which paw do they remove it with - Just shakes her head.

5. post it- on the center of the nose which paw do they use? Tongue!

post-7363-1226543802_thumb.jpg

post-7363-1226543950_thumb.jpg

This has turned out so great. She needs 20 dogs. Can you believe that? The pictures won't go further than the class photos- LOL. Consider it a tribute to a little girls project. I love this gal. I want to make her project a success. Who do I go to? The border collie board, of course! You all have been so helpful......but we need more!!! And more pics!

Let's get Lizzie a good grade!! Go Lizzie Go.

my dog is weird! I did Misty...

1. If you put treats through a tube which paw does your dog grab for it? mouth

2. What paw does your dog shake with- without asking ..umm both at once..everytime!

3. Chew toys? which hand first? she used both at once again

4. gently put a blanket over your dogs head, which paw do they remove it with..Neither, she just walked around till it fell off, if I told her to stay then she just sat there with a towe on her head because clearly this must be what I wanted lol

5. post it- on the center of the nose which paw do they use? she layed down and placed both paws on her nose to pull it off..

1. Bear uses his right. Lou stares sadly. Wick uses both paws.

2. All three are right-pawed.

3. They have the right on top, left seems to be used to hold it in place.

4. That's just mean! OK, Bear and Lou use both paws. Wick storms away in disgust with the blanket still on her head.

5. All three use their right, followed by a dramatic bout of sneezing.

Hope this helps the project!

I'd love to help, but mine aren't very cooperative! They're too wiggly to position them "symmetrically" enough. If they've got their weight on one paw, they'll use the other one, of course. I hadn't used treats in a long time, so when I foolishly started off with the tube test, they got into the "omg, FOOD!!!" mode, which made the rest a little harder!

If you put treats through a tube which paw does your dog grab for it?

Kyla: right paw in one instance, mouth otherwise

DSCF2711kl.jpg

Kessie: :rolleyes::D:D

DSCF2714kl.jpg

DSCF2716kl.jpg

What paw does your dog shake with- without asking

They've never learned "shake". If I do a play-bow, Kessie whacks me with the left paw first. Kyla doesn't show any preference except teeth today. I'll try that again when they're calmer!

Chew toys? which hand first?

Haven't got any high-value chew toys today, so normal toys will have to do.

Kessie: teeth, just teeth :D

Kyla: seems to handle toys with the left paw more often.

DSCF7771kl.jpg

gently put a blanket over your dogs head, which paw do they remove it with

Kessie: backs out of it, no paws used.

Kyla: who cares about a blanket when there's food AND toys involved in this list of tests? She just leaves it on.

DSCF2719kl.jpg

Kessie's face :D

post it- on the center of the nose which paw do they use?

You're evil. :D

Kessie: shakes it off (these post-its aren't the stickiest, I'm afraid), and then revenge comes down on it. Slight preference for the left paw if she reaches for it at all.

Kyla: both paws (right paw a little more often) and head shakes.

DSCF2727kl.jpg

This is working out great. I think I might have to have Cindi join or her daughter, Lizzie. Even though it's a BC board, she has an Aussie pit mix and wants another Aussie or BC and I promised her a rescue. (When the time is right) She had one show Aussie and 4 working ones and we loved them all. Her heart dog was a blue merle. She still has pics of her on her fridge. She was a great trainer and a wonderful dog person. I think she transferred that to her son and daughter. What a great gift. Keep them coming. Thank you so very much.

Dianne

This was very interesting. I did a couple times to make sure, but Woody is so young I'm not sure he's developed a preference, but I gave it shot anyway.

!/ If you put treats through a tube which paw does your dog grab for it?

He used his nose to knock it out.

2. What paw does your dog shake with- without asking

He starts with his left, but if you asked him again, he gives you the right. We learned to shake one paw and then the other. If you give him your hand, he will give you the opposite. Usually right, then left. It took him a minute to understand the word shake without me giving my hand, but he figured it out.

3. Chew toys? which hand first?

he just uses his teeth. Although I've seen him paw it with both hands. He cups it in his paws and plays with it. Its really cute and quite fascinating.

4. gently put a blanket over your dogs head, which paw do they remove it with

for this he used his right hand. All three times I tried it he used the right paw.

5. post it- on the center of the nose which paw do they use?

This one he used the left paw. I was only able to get it to stick twice to his wet nose, but both times he took it off with his left paw.

I wasn't able to get any pictures. If you need some I can try the skills again and try.

I can't than you enough.. I got this e-mail after I gave Cindi the link. Here's her answer.

"You are so great to do this for us. This is way more response than I expected!!!!! Please tell all these wonderful people thanks so much for their contributions and time for doing this for someone they don't even know!!!! Just goes to show dog lovers are the best!!!!"

Any more answers and pics would be appreciated. Cindi is a once in a lifetime friend. She's a great mom, loves her dog and her past dogs, and boy oh boy, did she love herding! We lived next door for 10 years- her with Aussies and me with border collies. We just got re-connected and it's been great. Thank you so much again!!!

Oh my, I suck at this, I posted pics , then tried to edit, got a double post, tried to fix that and deleted the pics...sorry bout that.

WOW-

I hope my computer isn't crashing.

!/ If you put treats through a tube which paw does your dog grab for it? (MOUTH)

2. What paw does your dog shake with- without asking (LICKS--MOUTH)

3. Chew toys? which hand first? (MOUTH)

4. gently put a blanket over your dogs head, which paw do they remove it with(DIPS HEAD WALKS OUT OF IT)

5. post it- on the center of the nose which paw do they use? (TONGUE< MOUTH)

This is a due by Dec 12th. I told my GF I could get more answers on this board and pics, too.

Please help me and her little girl- doesn't matter about the breed- Monkey- please apply.

All pictures will be used in the 3rd grade book and will NOT be reproduced- LOL. But pics will add to

her grade score.

Thank you in advance.

Ok, I attempted it with both dogs. Delta was pretty much too tired to care and when it came to Charlie's turn I got distracted halfway through by trying to photograph him catching a ball :rolleyes:

1. Both dogs were left

dsc0177aru5.jpg

2. Delta was left (except if I was holding the camera, then "shake" meant lie on the ground :D) Charlie barely knows the command as it is so I didn't bother with him, he has only learnt left-handed shaking.

3. Delta was left, Charlie exits the fun at this point.

4. Delta was pleased that I finally made it dark enough for her to sleep.

dsc0185apv4.jpg

5. I couldn't be bothered to go into the garage in search of post-its so used packing tape instead. Don't know why I bothered LOL.

Packing tape- what packing tape??? :D

dsc0186age7.jpg

Oh, she is making me do stupid things again :D

dsc0194aeq2.jpg