BC Boards

I found this interesting...

http://www.abcbordercollies.com/

How did I come across this? I was trying to find more info on Rune's background, and all I had in her paperwork, were the pedigree papers of her parents, who were owned by a 'Steve and Cindy McCoy,' and they lived in KY. Check the last one on that list...Steve and Cindy McCoy run Solid Rock Border Collies. I peeked at their site after looking them up, and at first glance it appears most of their concerns deal with the color of their puppies, not the abilities or certifications of their parents.

Wow Sarah !! I quess Rebel and Rune might be cousins. As some of you know on the boards this is where I got Rebel 2 years ago. I almost feel now he was a rescue from them. I didn't know much about finding a Border Collie and went to their web page. My daughter and I drove to their farm and picked out our new pup for my husbands birthday. Her brother also had his pups there. She also breeds with Allan Millers herding dogs who show all over the country.

Rebel has turned out to be a wonderful companion dog and wouldn't give him up for anything in the world no matter where he was bred.

I have truly appreciated all the information and advise that I have gotten from the boards.

Sarah I have Rebels papers with his background and ancestery and the ABCA registered him two years ago. I guess their breeding practices got out of hand and they were running a puppy mill with the other breeders and farms they delt with. I quess what they had on paper might not mean anything but it doesn't matter to me because the love and joy that Rebel has given us I wouldn't trade for anything.

Keep us the good work at Doggy Day Care !!! It takes a special person to work there.

• 12 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...