BC Boards

Thanks

Thanks to the fellow board member who inspired me to think about agility for my youngest dog Dave. During our recent time off and now that Dave is old enough we did some testing with him in frisbee and flyball. He needs lots of work in flyball but we have found an agility trainer and group we can work with. He is a natural at frisbee and caught on very fast. We have not begun work with him in course work but we will. Dave may have a future in agility. It has been noted by all who have seen him that he is exceptionally fast and has huge drive. I have not paid much attention to his speed but I have noticed that he is much quicker than my other dogs and he is much quicker than the other agility dogs we have seen. If he can be trained and focused we may be in for a lot of fun. I am convinced now that I want to do this with Dave and besides, I need the exercise. We are some distance from the trainer and will not be able to see her more than about once per month. If you have any suggestions on what we can do at home please pass it along. I have made some weave polls for him and have followed suggestions on how to work with Dave. He is getting it but he seems to prefer to run.