BC Boards

OT: Another stray - what is he?

INU

I picked up another white little male dog this afternoon. He was taking a walk on a major street and a car in front of me almost hit him. I picked him up and called the number which was a vet office. They are closed for the weekend. A really nice dog...

My husband is back and I know he wouldn't want me bring any more strays... I called him 2 blocks from hom and surprisingly he was understanding! So I have this little unnutered stinky white dog. I think it's some sort of terrier. Again, with different hair cut, I can't tell just by looking at AKC website - you know how they don't like to have variety of looks on each breed!

Any idea?

whitedog.jpg?t=1163885307

Maybe it's a sign that I should get a toy breed... NOT!

I think Cairn, maybe Westie.

Looks alot like this Westie Pup :rolleyes:

http://westieangels.com/westie%20grass.jpg

and maybe a lil like this Cairn :D

http://www.kateconnick.com/postcards/suziecairn.jpg

Alicia, He looks a lot like the first one.

We were able to track down the owner. I am leaving town at 5am tomorrow so I was getting worried. I washed him - except his butt. His poop was stuck on his butt hair and I was a little grossed and just couldn't do it. So I returned him nice and clean with poop still hanging :rolleyes:

Anyway, I didn't have a chance to find out what he was. The owners showed up at the door - car still running, kept saying what a bad boy he was. Said a few words to him and quickly drove off..... If it were my dogs, I'd be on my knees thanking the people for finding my dogs and keeping them safe. Maybe some people don't care that much...

I had a great experience with the dog I found once. It was a Great Pyrenees, wandering around in the neighborhood of a friend's with a collar, but no tags. I took him home, called the police and humane society to let them know I had him, and the owner called the next morning.

She was so thrilled to have her dog back that she gave us several frozen meaty bones from the butcher, a whole canister of freeze-dried meatballs, and a gift basket full of German Shepherd paraphernalia. We weren't expecting anything in return, but the dogs sure were happy with the new munchies!

How is the dog bad I wonder?! If he were neutered...maybe he might not wander?? After all he is probably just following his instinct to find a lady companion.

BAD OWNERS is more like it if you ask me!! Grrr....people make me so mad. No wonder the dog ran off...