BC Boards

Sad news - and a heads up

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry to hear about Fergus. It is so hard when it happens unexpectantly. Life and accidents happen. You never know what fate has in store for you and your family. Know that he was loved and you provided a good life for him. He will be waiting for you in Heaven. Whatever was good in this world will be 100 times better in the next.

Mel, Baxter, and Amber

Bonnie - playing in the tunnels on the clouds.

That's awful. I can sympathize. My english bulldog got into some medication last January that the cats had knocked off the counter. He ended up dying because of it. He was the love of my life. So I know exactly how you feel. The guilt is tough to deal with, especially when you are dealing with such a huge loss as well. But keep in mind that accidents do happen. You can go through all of the "what-ifs" but it isn't going to help. Just remember him for the great dog he was!

Oh Barb, my heart goes out to you. What a terrible loss.

I had an incident last spring where I could have lost Boo. When I came home for lunch he was nowhere to be found. I was in a sheer panic running around the yard checking all the gates. He's always eager to greet me so I knew something was terribly wrong. Then I saw Kit running to my garden shed and scratching at the foundation. It was a very gusty day, and unseasonably cool for that time of year, and somehow Boo had gotten into the shed and the wind must have blown the door closed, shutting him in. If it had happened any earlier or later in that *same week* he would have died of heat exhaustion. Sometimes, the unthinkable happens, that we cannot possibly foresee. Take care yourself. You're in my thoughts.

Oh my god Barb, that is terrible. So sorry for you and Kirra - poor Fergus. Many many hugs to you, you must be beyond shocked and hurt.

Barb,

I am so very sorry to hear about Fergus. But thank you for sharing the info re: poisonous plants. I know that I am not the only one who is going to have a good look around the garden.

Again, very very sorry to hear about your dear boy. Our thoughts are with you, Kirra and family.