BC Boards

The tail?

Lizmo

• 6 years later...

I would guess #2 is sheep. There's seems to be a more "dominant" look in his eyes. #1 almost looks like he's asking a question. I wouldn't guess he asks the sheep anything.

Lou carries his great big tail pretty darned high when he's happy, and he's a pretty happy dog. The tail also never stops wagging when you talk to him/make eye contact with him/smile at him/acknowledge him through telepathy or similar.

Playing with a hose makes his tail do happy spins:
lou_hose.jpg
Watching Wick dig a hole sends his tail into, well, tailspins:
wick_dig.jpg

When he is working or concentrating, that tail clamps right down against his back leg.

Just for fun - in one of these pics, Lou is staring at the sheep. In the other, he is staring at Wick. Can you tell which stare is which? biggrin.gif
07060702.jpg
11240701.jpg

I love it. Definitely enjoying learning so much.

Trooper is just "showing respect" as a half mast kinda boy lol :)

I'm starting to appreciate Brick's tail. I found it awkward at first. Instead of being at a pretty "J" or nice "apostrophe" like zombie's here, he would let the tip hang off to his right. It was just kind of frumpy looking. It seems, as his confidence is building, he's not letting the tip slump so much.

I guess that's why I was curious about tails..wondering if anyone else had experienced a dog going from insecure/frumpy to confident/shapely?

That and how everyone else deals with the aspect of burrs....I can't take that dog anywhere without him finding them. Drives me bonkers.

I can't speak for the tail, as Aed's has always been pretty normal, but burrs, oh man. The area around my parents' house is full of them. We trimmed the hair around Aed's butt and back of his legs, because that's where most of them got, and we probably would have trimmed his underside as well if we'd been there longer (which helps keep a dog cool in the summer anyways). We also put his sweater on sometimes. As far as the tail, I guess I didn't have as much trouble with them there, since they're easier to pull out without him minding too much. But if anyone knows an actual solution I'm all ears too.

I have a product called Laser Sheen for horse manes and tail. It works great for loosening up burrs knotted in the coat. I don't like leaving it on the dogs if I use much of it, so I'm prepared to rinse them off if needed.

Yep, Show Sheen works great on getting out as well as preventing burrs. But it's extremely drying on the coat.

I hate burrs. We get tons of them at home. Keeper doesn't have near the amount of coat as Aed, but I have found that the best solution for me is to brush brush brush and brush some more. The more undercoat he has, the worse the burrs tend to stick. They seem to be more inclined to fall off his guard hairs, and those that do stick don't get nearly as tight.

Keeping the undercoat to a minimum helping, makes sense. I'll be sure to keep at his brushing.

Thanks guys :)

Yep, Show Sheen works great on getting out as well as preventing burrs. But it's extremely drying on the coat.

I hate burrs. We get tons of them at home. Keeper doesn't have near the amount of coat as Aed, but I have found that the best solution for me is to brush brush brush and brush some more. The more undercoat he has, the worse the burrs tend to stick. They seem to be more inclined to fall off his guard hairs, and those that do stick don't get nearly as tight.