BC Boards

Working Sheepdogs by Tully Williams

flynn

This is a recent and brilliant book by australian stockman Tully Williams,(ISBN 9780643093430)and unlike any other I have read.He takes a very serious and critical look in particular at breeding,selection for breeding,and the required collection of traits for the "perfect dog"(if only).There is also an excellent section on training and training psychology.He also has a' natural ability' dvd out which is also outstanding and an excellent companion to the book.

DVD's of Trials the New Zealand way are available from www.VIDPRO.CO.NZ.These contain the runoffs for the national champs.These are not international type trials.We have two huntaway events and two heading events.

It's a really great book, really in-depth, I love his ideas/views on breeding. I have found it so helpful and have learn't a great deal from reading it.. it's like my 'sheepdog bible' :rolleyes:

I also have Tully's 'Natural Ability' dvd, which is just as good as the book.

• 1 year later...

We recently had this book referred to us, I'm about 1/2 way through, good book. No where have I seen the working dog traits explained and broken down like they are here in the book, it is also interesting to read Tully's take on how traits can be masked or falsely manifested.