BC Boards

Comfortis

lrayburn

So Comfortis is more expensive than Frontline Plus? I currently use Frontline and I'm not having any problems with it except for the price for three dogs :rolleyes: , but I'm considering Comfortis b/c I got a coupon in the mail for it. If it's more expensive, I won't bother.

So Comfortis is more expensive than Frontline Plus? I currently use Frontline and I'm not having any problems with it except for the price for three dogs :rolleyes: , but I'm considering Comfortis b/c I got a coupon in the mail for it. If it's more expensive, I won't bother.

It's about the same price per box. However, I was buying the large Frontline and splitting it so effectively I was getting a lot more doses (about 3x) per box of Frontline than I was "supposed" to be getting. If you don't split your Frontline, you are looking at just about the same price per dose.

Lisa

I thought this was kind of interesting. I was doing some research on an insecticide, Spinosad, for my garden, and it turns out its the main ingredient in Comfortis. Man they sure do jack up the price for pet use, as I can by a bottle of it for about $8 ;-( interesting where it comes from though.

ETA. Evidently its used as a drench as well for cattle and sheep to get rid of lice etc...Not that I would do it, but since its basically considered an organic pesticide, I wonder why you couldn't use it as a topical on your dog? I believe on the precautions for plant use, they say you can spray and harvest the same day or the next...so I'm guessing its safe for human consumption?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinosad