BC Boards

Hi Everyone - It's been awhile!

Hello everyone, It's been awhile since I've posted - sometimes lately I feel like I have to make time to breathe! LOL And, of course, any free time that I have isn't really free time, because my whole purpose in life (according to my Molly) is to throw the ball, throw the ball, just throw the ball, Mom!

It's shedding time, and we have fur everywhere! It's driving my DH nuts. I can't really blame him, because it is everywhere.

Besides it being hay season and all waking hours are spent making hay, we are preparing to move to Missouri in Spring of 2007. So, that's making things even more hectic. Plus, I am now going back to school online... and running my small business... and working for the lawyer 7 hrs a day... and farming! We will be selling off all the sheep before the move - I have mixed emotions about that. We will be strictly a beef farm in Missouri.

The dogs are wonderful. Tag is thrilled that it is nice weather, so he gets to herd and ride on the farm equipment. Being on a tractor with Dad is Tag's favorite place in the world! Molly is thrilled because Tag is with Dad, so Molly doesn't have to 'deal with' that pesky 'brother' trying to steal her ball.

Awhile back, someone was asking about home-made agility equipment, since it so expensive to buy it. I was wondering if y'all could give me some more info. on that - as I would love to set up a little 'for fun' course for them after we move.

Well, I just wanted to say hi.

Misty

We'll be moving to Northwest, MO - close to the Iowa line. Thanks for asking - I've never lived anywhere but here (Ohio), so, I've got a lot of mixed emotions going on - I'm excited, scared, nervous, anxious, etc, etc, etc LOL The dogs just say "Woah, look at all the acres!!!" We'll be farming alomst 800 acres.

There is a great book on making your own agility equipment called 'Do it yourself agility equipment' by Jim Hutchins. Its clear and he give a couple of options (wood and PVC) for most things. Good luck with your move, sound great.

Kristin

Betsy, that's funny that I'm moving to MO and will be the closest to you - what's funny is my sister-in-law already lives there, and her name is Betsy too! LOL

Kristin, thanks for the book title, I will definitely check it out.

Everyone - thank you for the welcome back and best wishes for the move. As I said, I'm feeling many emotions all at once... at least my life is so busy right now that I really don't have much time to dwell on one single emotion!

On a sad note, over the weekend, my in-law's dog got loose when another dog came into the yard... he was found, but had been hit and is now where he can play all day with other dogs and romp in the green grasses of doggie heaven. He would come live with us for about five months out of the year while my in-laws were in Arizona... so, I'm really going to miss having the little guy around. R.I.P. Alex, we miss you already.