BC Boards

Agility Dave

A young lady who lives near us wants to start her own dog walking business. She loves our dogs and she asked if she could take our youngest dog Dave for a walk. There is a playground close to our house that has a large kids play set of slides, tunnels, swings and ladders etc. She asked if she could take Dave on the play set. I said sure thinking that Dave would refuse anyway. He did not refuse. In a few minutes she had him climbing ladders, going thru the tunnels, jumping on things and sliding down the slides. He kept this up for about twenty minutes and seemed to love it. In a few minutes he was going up the ladders and playing on this thing himself including sliding down the slides. I want to get Dave into agility when he is a little older but I have never seen anything like this. The next time we go I will take a camera.

All my guys love the sliding board, and I teach them a climb command as soon as they are old enough to safely negotiate the ladder and handle the slide. Some times I cant keep them off the slide LOL. I even use the bench as a

make shift jump and a telephone pole as a object to train get outs

When we lived in town I loved taking the dogs to the playground. They both liked it when we sat on the merry go round and my husband moved it around (moderate pace).

They enjoyed the slides and the things they could walk through.

Thanks, I have no experience with this sort of thing, I train herding dogs. I must say however I am very quickly discovering new and fun things for the guys to do and I may be enjoying it more than they are. Dave is just a blast to watch. I always knew that border collies could move well and are very agile but there must be a bit of cat in Dave.